AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018 conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi for admission towards its Post Graduate (MD/ MS / MDS) courses on All India basis. The duration of the course is 3 years.
The post graduate medical degrees awarded by the AIIMS New Delhi are recognized by UGC, MCI and all other national and international bodies for the purpose of further studies, employment and research work etc.
The aspirants who join MD / MS / MDS degree courses are called Junior Residents in the clinical disciplines and Junior Demonstrators in Basic clinical disciplines.
Normally selection for the Junior Residency / Demonstrators ship is made twice a year.
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018: Important Dates
January session (DM/MCh (3 years) & MD(Hospital Administration)
|Online registration||5 September 2017|
|Registration Last Date||25 September 2017 (until 5:00 PM)|
|Application Status (Accepted/Rejected)||13 October 2017|
|Application Status for checking||14 October 2017|
|Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application||Until 20 October 2017|
|Finalization of Centers and allotment of Roll Nos/Admit Card||24 October 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||24 October 2017|
|Entrance Examination (Stage I)||5 November 2017|
|Result Declaration (Stage II)||9 November 2017|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage II)||20, 21 & 22 November 2017|
|Result (Final)||27 November 2017|
|Last Date of Admission||28 February 2018|
January session (MD/MS/MCh(6yrs)/DM(6yrs))
|Online Registration||12 September 2017|
|Registration Last Date||3 October 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||October 2017|
|Entrance Exam Date||12 November 2017|
|Result Announcement||18 November 2017|
|Counseling - 1st Round
||7 December 2017|
|Counseling - 2nd Round
||18 December 2017|
|Open Counseling||23 February 2018|
|Online Registration||March 2018 - First Week
|Registration Last Date||March 2018 - Last Week|
|Admit Card Availability||April 2018 - Last Week|
|Exam Date||May 2018 - First Week
|Announcement of Result||May 2018 - Second Week
|First Round of Counseling||June 2018 - First Week
|Second Round of Counseling||June 2018 - Second Week
|Open Couseling||August 2018 - Fourth Week
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018: Eligibility Criteria
The Educational Qualification For AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018 is given below:
- A candidate must possess MBBS / BDS degree for MD / MS of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and must have completed the required period of pre- registration internship (12months) in a recognized hospital. The candidates who are likely to complete their internship after July, of the year of year entrance examination are NOT eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations. The AIIMS graduates for being eligible to avail of 33% reservation must have also obtained 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examination.
- The candidates belonging to SC / ST or those who have served in Rural Area for more that 2 years or doing practice in a Rural Area with less than 5 thousand population for more than 2 years or native of Backward Areas or those working under the Family Welfare Programmers must have obtained 50% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations.
- Candidates with more than two failures in MBBS/BDS Professional examinations will not be eligible for admission to MD/MS/BDS courses.
- A deduction of 1% and 3% marks respectively shall be made for having failed once or twice in any of the MBBS/BDS professional examinations for calculating the percentage of marks for eligibility determination.
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018: Application Form
Applications for selection for the postgraduate courses shall be made on prescribed form to
The Assistant Controller of Examination
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029.
For exact dates of availability of AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Application Form etc. refer to our Latest Notification, Click Here.
Note: "Please note that the candidates who have already done/doing MD/ MS/MDS in any subject at the time of applying and thereafter shall not be considered for admission to MD/MS/MDS courses. If it is found at a later stage, during active verification, that the candidate has given wrong undertaking his/her registration will be canceled without any notice."
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018: Results
Have you appeared in AIIMS PG Entrance Exam and waiting for AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Results 2018, Click Here.
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018: QnA
Have a question related AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018, ask in indiaeducation.net QnA, Click Here.