AIIMS Admissions 2012
AIIMS offers various courses at different levels. A total of 42 disciplines are taught at AIIMS. The different categories include:
AIIMS Undergraduate Courses (UG):
AIIMS MBBS: AIIMS admits 77 students the for MBBS course every year through a competitive entrance examination. Based on the scores of the Competitive Entrance Examination, separate merit lists are prepared for different category of candidate including the general category and reserved sections.
Click here for complete information on AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2012
The eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2012 Entrance Exam mandates that the candidate should have passed the 12 th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/Board of any Indian State with English, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Foreign candidates are required to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the MBBS Course. They are not required to appear for the Competitive Entrance Examination.
AIIMS B.Sc.Nursing Courses : AIIMS offers an undergraduate and a post certificate course in nursing. Admission to these courses is done through a Competitive Entrance Examination conducted by AIIMS.
Click here for complete information on AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2012
- B.Sc. (Hons). Nursing: 10+2 or equivalent with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in English, Physics, Chemistry & Bio. Age 17Yrs. & above.
- B.Sc. (Hons). (Post Certificate): 10+2 or equivalent Certificate in Gen. Nsg. & Midwifery and be an 'A' Grade Nurse, registered with State Nurses Registration council. Minimum 3yrs. experience as a staff Nurse in a recognized hospital or as a public health nurse.
AIIMS B.Sc.(Hons.) Para-Medical Courses: AIIMS offers an undergraduate B.Sc course in para medical science. Admission to this course is done through a Competitive Entrance Examination conducted by AIIMS.
10+2 or equivalent with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in English, Physics Chemistry & Bio. or Maths
|Application Forms Now Available|
AIIMS Post Graduate Courses (PG):
All India PG Medical & Dental Courses: The All India Post Graduate Medical and dental is a pg course held for the medical and dental graduates. Entrance Exam for admission into MD/MS/Diploma/MDS courses is held by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
Click here for complete information on AIIMS AIPGMEE Entrance Exam 2012
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must posses MBBS/BDS degree from a recognized Medical/Dental College or a foreign degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and full registration either from the Medical/ Dental Council of India or State Medical/Dental Council after completing the compulsory rotating internship.
- Candidates who have obtained MBBS/BDS from Medical/Dental colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to apply. However, candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare/D.G.H.S., New Delhi) to do MBBS/BDS from Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply subject to submission of requisite documents specified in the Prospectus.
- The candidates should complete the required period of 12 months pre-registration internship from a recognized Hospital on or before 31st March, 2012
AIIMS-PG (MD/MS/M.Ch./MDS) Courses: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences conducts post graduate courses in MD/ MS / MDS). The duration of the course is for 3 years and on the successful completion of the course a post graduate medical degrees is awarded by the AIIMS, which is recognized by the UGC, MCI and all other national and international bodies for the purpose of further studies, employment and research work etc. Admission to these courses is done through a Competitive Entrance Examination conducted by AIIMS.
Click here for complete information on AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2012
- A candidate must possess MBBS / BDS degree for MD / MS of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and must have completed the required period of pre- registration internship (12months) in a recognized hospital. The candidates who are likely to complete their internship after July, of the year of year entrance examination are NOT eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations. The AIIMS graduates for being eligible to avail of 33% reservation must have also obtained 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examination.
- The candidates belonging to SC / ST or those who have served in Rural Area for more that 2 years or doing practice in a Rural Area with less than 5 thousand population for more than 2 years or native of Backward Areas or those working under the Family Welfare Programmers must have obtained 50% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations.
- Candidates with more than two failures in MBBS/BDS Professional examinations will not be eligible for admission to MD/MS/BDS courses.
- A deduction of 1% and 3% marks respectively shall be made for having failed once or twice in any of the MBBS/BDS professional examinations for calculating the percentage of marks for eligibility determination.
For more information on AIIMS Admissions 2012 Click here
|Application Forms Now Available|