How to prepare for AIPMT 2016
Your ticket to a good medical college, the All India Pre-Medical/ Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT 2016) is just round the corner (check out AIPMT's exam schedule). Now that your class 12 board exams are over, this would be the most crucial time to refer to some of the important preparation tips to combat the pressure. If you are worried that it's too late to prepare for this tough medical entrance, do not despair! Here's how to prepare for AIPMT after your boards.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- One of the subjects that can really help you score is Physics. Any unfinished chapters should be finished now, concentrating more on formulae & graphs given in your NCERT book, and try to analyze the application of each formula. More practice of MCQs will help in finishing the tedious calculations on time during exam. Factuals are often common in Physics, so a close look at the last few chapters can be most useful.
While writing the physics section in AIPMT: start with questions based on physics class 12 syllabus, followed by those on solids, fluids, heat, sound. Skip those questions which you feel may eat up your time - come back to them after attempting the whole paper. Questions related to mechanics, Newton's laws and rotational dynamics can be taken up in the end.
- While you prepare for medical entrance exams, do not neglect Chemistry, which is undoubtedly one of the scoring subjects. For the inorganic part, it is best to stick to the NCERT syllabus (focus especially on coordination compounds and d & f block elements), and for organic, constant revision of the reactions will help you to memorize (don't forget to revise reaction intermediates, inductive & electromeric effects.) Physical chemistry can be very scoring, if you give it the right amount of attention. Especially focus on the topic of chemical bonding.
- Biology is probably one subject which will be of primary importance for the entrance examination. The NCERT chapters should be read again and again. Emphasis should be put on the marked questions. Some of the important chapters which are of great importance are Genetics, Human Physiology, Biotechnology, Evolution, Human Health and Disease etc. While revising the chapters, it is best to observe all the diagrams, images and figures and retain them as much as possible.
- Aakash Chaudhry, Director of the well know medical coaching institute, Aakash Educational Services Pvt.Ltd. suggests that 'aspirants should focus on problem solving techniques, develop short cut methods, learn and revise important formulas and understand their strength and weak areas.' One of his vital tips to crack AIPMT is to take as many mock tests as possible to know where you stand. Judging the level of preparation and trying to understand the areas which need attention should be a matter of utmost importance for any student. A lot of coaching centres like Aakash Institute encourages students to solve sample papers. In this way it is easier for them to understand the pattern and also the level of difficulty which they might face. (Click here to view AIPMT sample papers)
- Many AIPMT toppers from previous years have felt that mock tests are the best ways to know both the strong and weak areas. It is also one of the effective ways to manage time and properly plan for the examination. While going through the mock tests, it is always better to time the questions. This is an effective way to understand the areas which need more time. Once you identify the areas, you can always devise a plan to manage the situation. If a chapter is absolutely untouched, it is better to leave that and concentrate more on the topics which you already know.
- A study schedule is helpful to track your development and how much/how many topics you have covered and how much more you need to attend to. Understanding the question is extremely important, and to understand that you need to read the derivation carefully.
- It is better not to waste time by putting down the theoretical statement on paper. One must understand the logic behind the theory. Cramming is not going to help, rather understanding the reasons and basics can help to tackle the questions better.
- Most importantly, study each portion according to the weightage given to it in the total syllabus.
|Application Forms Now Available|