AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test
The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) twice a year (in February and September) for male and female Indian citizens for admission to the following courses commencing in 2017 for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission/ Short Service Commission on Technical branches and Ground duty branches.
Women are granted only Short Service Commission in all the three branches, i.e. flying, technical and ground duty.
The AFCAT and EKT 2017 was conducted on 27 August, 2017.
Read more about career opportunities in the IAF, salary and benefits for officers: Career in the Indian Air Force
|Application Forms Now Available|
There are three programs available:
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty
There are two types of Commissions
- Permanent Commission: candidates under this commission will continue till the age of superannuation
- Short Service Commission: engagement period for Flying Branch is 14 years and for Technical and ground Duty branches it is initially 10 years that can be extended for another 4 years.
The duration of the training for Flying and Technical Branches is 74 weeks and for Ground Duty Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
AFCAT 2017: Important Dates
|Application Start Date||3 June 2017|
|Application End Date||29 June 2017|
|AFCAT & EKT Exam||27 August 2017|
AFCAT 2017: How to Apply?
- Applications have to be submitted online (www.careerairforce.nic.in). There is no application/ registration fee for AFCAT.
- Details of matriculation and other educational qualifications along with a recent passport size photograph saved in the computer will be necessary for filling up the application.
- Candidates have to carry a photo identity proof on the day of the examination as well as at the SSB (AFSB) interview.
For any queries related to AFCAT, you can contact AFCAT Cell on:
- Phone: 011-26160286 / 26160289 /26160459 (Direct) or 011-23010231 Extn 7905, 6245
- Query timings: 9 am - 5 pm (Monday to Friday).
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries related to SSB/ AFSB, contact:
- Email: email@example.com