Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra invites applications to MBA 2014-16
The Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra, invites applications for admission to its Master of Business Administration (MBA) program for the academic year 2014-2016.
BIT offers two year full-time MBA programme at its campuses at Mesra and off campuses at Allahabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur, Noida and Patna. The MBA programme consist of 4 semesters. The first year of the programme covers the basic management courses. The final year curriculum focuses on functional and sectoral specialization. The curriculum offers dual functional specialization. Functional specialization courses are offered in the areas of Finance, Marketing, Human resource, and system management. Wheres, sectoral specialization courses equips student with skills specific to a particular sector of industry such as Hospitality management, Safety management, Insurance and Bank Management. During the tenure of the programme each student undertakes two projects which help in gaining practical knowledge of the concepts.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Submission of online application form starts from: 31 January, 2014
Last date to apply: 7 April, 2014
Release of Campus-wise list of short-listed candidates for GD & PI: 19 April, 2014
Tentative dates for GD & PI: 28 April to 10 May 2014
Declaration of selected candidates (First List): 11-15 May, 2014
- Candidates must have completed graduation or equivalent qualification with a aggregate of minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST/PH) from a recognized university. Candidates who are in the final year of their bachelor's course may also apply provided they obtain minimum marks required to qualify at the time of applying.
- Applicants must have appeared in CAT 2013.
Exam Pattern and syllabus
The admission to this programme is made on the basis of your CAT 2013 percentile.
The application for the programme can be submitted online by following these simple steps:
- Create 'username' and 'password' on the link available on the website www.bitsmesra.ac.in
- Eligible candidates must submit the online application. Application fees can be submitted through E-challan for Rs. 2500 (General/ OBC candidates) or Rs. 1500 (SC/ ST candidates) in favour of "Birla Institute of Technology" through any SBI/ ICICI bank. E-challan details must be submitted to complete the application process.
- You must submit your choice of place of study (campus) by selecting the names of the campus.
- Only computer generated application forms will be accepted. No hand-written forms will be accepted.
- Candidates should note down the "Application number" for future correspondence.
Selection to the programme will be made on the basis of CAT 2013 percentile obtained by a candidate and individual performance in Group discussion (GD) and Personal interview (PI). A total of 80% weightage will be given to CAT 2013 percentile score and rest 20% will include GD & PI. Each campus will release its own list of short-listed candidates and wait-listed candidates according to the total marks obtained in CAT 2013 and GD &PI. Selected candidates will will be required to submit requisite documents and fee on given dates. Selected list of students will be released on the Institute's website.
Candidates are advised to regularly check the website for any updates or notifications related to the admission procedures, no separate information will be sent to candidates.
Admission Information Brochure, http://www.bitmesra.ac.in/UploadedDocuments/Menu_635267565288345949_MBA%202014%20Information%20Brochure%20%20-%2031%20Jan%202014.pdf
MBA 2014- Admission Notification, http://www.bitmesra.ac.in/cms.aspx?this=1&mid=1252&cid=953