Birla Institute of Technology Admission to MBA Program
Name of Institute / University
Candidates must have appeared in CAT-2012 / CMAT- Sep 2012 or CMAT Feb 2013 and should have valid Score in CAT-2012 / CMAT- Sep 2012 or CMAT Feb 2013.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
Candidates with B.Sc. / B.A. / B. Com. qualification must have minimum 50% marks in average (40% for SC/ST) in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared [excluding optional subjects]. Percentage of marks for candidate with Honours degree will be computed on the basis of Honours’ subjects.
Candidates of other professional courses including BBA/BCA must have minimum 55% marks in average (40% for SC/ST) in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared (excluding optional subjects).
Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks in average calculated as per item above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application.
How To Apply
To apply for MBA programme 2013, eligible and interested candidates must click here to download and print the application form and:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Send completed form along with:
• two recent colour photographs (one pasted on the form and one attached by clip to
• photocopies of all marksheets and certificates (see List of Enclosures Sec-3)
• crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1,200/- (General) and Rs.800/- (SC/ST) candidates
(non-refundable) in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology”,
Payable at Ranchi, in case of Mesra or Lalpur Campuses,
Payable at Allahabad in case of Allahabad Campus
Payable at Jaipur in case of Jaipur Campus
Payable at Kolkata in case of Kolkata Campus
Payable at Noida in case of Noida Campus and
Payable at Patna in case of Patna Campus
- Send completed form in a stout A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the respective Campuses (please see the contact details for address of the campuses) positively by the due date.
- (Example: in case candidates wish to apply for BIT Noida Campus, they are required to send their completed application form to BIT Noida Campus only).
- Write “Application for MBA 2013” on top of the envelope.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
1. Candidates may apply for more than one Campus, but separately by using separate forms and paying the application fee for each Campus.
2. Name and Address of the candidate needs to be mentioned on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
3. The completed application form must be sent to the respective Campuses only (Campus of place for study).
4. Incomplete applications or applications received without all required enclosures are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
5. Candidates should retain photocopies of the Demand Draft and the application form submitted for future reference.
6. Although the Institute will use CAT-2012 / CMAT- Sept 2012 or Feb 2013 total percentiles / scores for shortlisting candidates for its two-year full time Post-Graduate Programme in Management, the IIM’s / AICTE have no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
1. Campus-wise lists of eligible candidates with registration numbers will be
displayed on the Institute website.
2. Candidates must make a note of their registration numbers carefully, as the same will be
required at the time of document verification cum admission. No individual intimation
will be sent to candidates.
3. List of ineligible candidates will also be displayed on the Institute website. No individual
intimation will be sent to candidates.
Few seats in the full-time MBA programme at each Campus may be allotted to “Sponsored Candidates”, of Government and Private organizations. Such candidates should normally have at least two years of executive / professional experience. They must also submit their applications in prescribed format, along with a letter of sponsorship from their organization. They must also go through the counselling procedures.
Last date for receipt of completed forms + Demand Drafts at respective Campuses: 10 April 2013
Tel: +91 651 2275444/2275896
|Application Forms Now Available|