C-DAC ACTS Entrance Exam 2013 for DASDM
Applications have been invited by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and Advanced Computing Training School (ACTS) for the course of Diploma in Advanced Software Development Methodologies (DASDM) for the academic session 2013-2014.
C-DAC is a scientific society of the Department of Electronic and Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MC&IT), Government of India that has been instrumental in providing the market with software developers, testers, programmers, system analysts and the like for the IT Industry. Keeping this target in mind C-DAC established ACTS in Pune to meet with the required amount of human resources in the field. Now C-DAC, in accordance with ACTS, offers various postgraduate diplomas, postgraduate degrees and undergraduate diploma courses. ACTS is the first Government Lab that has extended globally.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- The duration of the course is one year in which the students will have to complete four tri-semesters.
- The total course fee is Rs. 80,000 to which the taxes will be added as per the rules of Government of India.
- Availability of forms online: 25 July, 2013
- Last date for online registration and application: 20 August, 2013
- Downloading admit cards: 22 August, 2013
- Common Entrance Test I: 24 August, 2013
- Common Entrance Test II: 25 August, 2013
- Declaration of results: 2 September, 2013
- Last date of payment of sum of admission fees and tuition fees: 16 September, 2013
- Certificate verification: 17 September, 2013
- Declaration of second selection list: 20 September, 2013
- Last date of payment of sum of admission fees and tuition fees: 25 September, 2013
- Certificate verification: 26 September, 2013
- Commencement of course: 27 September, 2013
The minimum requirement for appearing in the entrance test is:
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in engineering, science or computer-related streams
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of aggregate 50 percent marks in their qualifying degree examination
- Sound knowledge of computing and fundamental in programming
- Those students who have appeared in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2013 can also apply and they must be able to complete all parts of their qualifying exam by the commencement of their course in case they qualify for the CET
Exam pattern and syllabus
The admission to the DASDM course is exclusively via Common Entrance Test. The exam pattern is as follows:
- Computing Awareness: 40 questions
Includes flow charts, algorithms, utility software, evolution of computers, primary and secondary storage, multimedia, operating systems, data communications and computer networking.
- Functional English: 20 questions
- Mathematical Aptitude: 20 questions
- Reasoning: 20 questions
- Foundations of Computing, P.K. Sinha and Preeti Sinha
- GRE Barrons
- Quantitative Aptitude R S Agarwal
- Any English grammar book at high school standard
Application procedure and selection process
- Applications and registration forms are available on the website www.acts.cdac.in
- The application fees are Rs. 600 and are to be paid by demand draft in favour of C-DAC ACTS payable at Pune and drawn from any nationalised bank in India
- The demand draft is to be submitted to the training centre where the student wants to take admission. Students can also make an online payment via debit/credit cards.
- The admit cards are to be downloaded from 22 August, 2013 only after paying the application fee
- Rights of admission will be determined exclusively by the score in the CET. Results of the CET will be available at the centres.
"Advanced Software Development Methodologies (DASDM) course," C-DAC ACTS, http://acts.cdac.in/dasdm/Overview.aspx