Apply for TOEFL Scholarship Program in India before 30 April, 2013
The deadline for the 2013 Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scholarship for Indian students is fast approaching. The TOEFL scholarship from Educational Testing Service (ETS) is designed to help further study outside India at a university or college listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory. Last year (2012), ETS received 960 applications for TOEFL scholarships for Indian students.
You cannot apply for the scholarship if you have not taken the TOEFL or received your test scores. Test scores as far back as April 2011 are valid for submission. The scholarship cannot be used as proof of tuition funds for a student visa. Transfer students are not eligible.
|Application Forms Now Available|
About the scholarship
The different TOEFL scholarships for Indian students are:
- 1 top tier scholarship worth about USD $10,000 (about 5,42,200 INR)
- 20 merit scholarships worth about USD $3,000 (about 162,600 INR)
The scholarship must be used to study abroad. Institutions that accept TOEFL scores are located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
- Deadline for applications: 30 April, 2013 (11:59 p.m. New York Time)
- Notification of winners: May 2013
- Deadline to submit university acceptance letter by scholarship recipients: 7 June, 2013
- Scholarship disbursement: August 2013
Requirements for the scholarship include:
- Starting undergraduate or postgraduate study in 2013 at a school listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory
- Currently residing where you are applying
- Having a valid TOEFL score that you used for admission to your programme
- Having a grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or 80 (on 100-point scale)
- Completed application form and uploaded transcripts
This is the basic criteria for applying. Additional requirements are demonstrated leadership skills, having good communication skills (in English) and well-rounded extracurriculars (which includes community service). Your essay should also demonstrate innovative ideas.
To apply for the TOEFL scholarship, you'll need to submit an online application (www.ets.org/toefl/scholarships/india) and upload transcripts into ETS' system. The application could take an hour to complete, but you are able to log out and log in at any time.
You'll need the following documents to apply for the TOEFL scholarship 2013:
- TOEFL test scores
- 600-word essay
- Completed application submitted by 30 April
- Original secondary school transcript (for undergraduate study) or college transcript (for postgraduate study)
The application process does not require an interview.
"TOEFL Scholarship Program in India," ETS, http://www.ets.org/toefl/scholarships/india
"TOEFL scholarships take Tamil Nadu students to Canada, France," The Times of India, 19 July, 2012, http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-19/news/32746559_1_toefl-scholarship-programme-ets
"2013 TOEFL Scholarship Program," ETS, http://www.ets.org/toefl/scholarships/