Directorate of Education, Delhi to Conduct NTSE 2014, NMMS 2013-2014 and JSTS 2014
The Directorate of Education, Delhi has issued a public notice regarding the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) 2014 Stage I, National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2013-14 and Junior Science Talent Search (JSTS) exam 2013-14. The NTSE and NMMS will be conducted in November, while the JSTS will be conducted in February 2014.
Directorate of Education, New Delhi has stated that:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- The first stage of NTSE 2014 is conducted for students studying in class X in Government and recognised private schools including KVS, JNV and NDMC under the jurisdiction of Delhi. Under this scheme 15 percent of seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) category students, 7.5 percent of seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category students and 1 percent of seats are reserved for physically and hearing challenged students.
- NMMS 2013-14 is conducted for students studying in class VIII in government, government-aided or recognised private schools.
- JSTS 2013-14 is conducted in February 2014 for students studying presently in class IX.
- Availability of application forms: Applications available for download on the official website, www.edudel.nic.in
- Last date for receipt of application forms for NTSE and NMMS: 30 August, 2013
- Issue of admit cards for NTSE and NMMS: 7 October to 31 October, 2013
- Examination date for NTSE: 17 November, 2013
- Examination date for NMMS: 24 November, 2013
- Last date for receipt of application forms for JSTS: 31 October, 2013
- Issue of admit cards for JSTS: 23 December, 2013 to 20 January, 2014
- Examination date for JSTS: 2 February, 2014
- NTSE: You must have secured 60 percent marks in class IX for general category and 55 percent marks for reserved categories in the session 2012-13 irrespective of parental annual income from all sources during 2012-13
- NMMS: You must have secured 55 percent marks in VII for general category and 50 percent marks for reserved category in the session 2012-13. Parental income should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000 for all categories of students during 2012-13.
- JSTS: You must have secured 65 percent marks in class VIII irrespective of parental income from all sources during 2012-13.
- All students who have already received a NTSE scholarship from the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for class VIII are not eligible.
Exam pattern and syllabus
- NTSE Stage I exam will have two parts - the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). The questions are pertaining to the secondary level syllabus.
- JSTS has two papers - paper I comprising of 50 marks and paper II comprising 150 marks. Questions are mostly pertaining to class VII and VIII syllabus as per government schools, government-aided schools or local body schools. The duration of the exam is 3.5 hours, in which you will have to answer various multiple choice questions.
- For NMMS 2013-14 programs, students must take the state level examination. Two tests - Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Aptitude Test - will be conducted in which you will have to answer 90 multiple choice questions in ninety minutes in each paper. The syllabus is pertaining to the syllabus of class VII and VIII in government schools/local body schools/government-aided schools.
- Questions will be from subjects such as social science, physics, chemistry and biology, mathematics and general knowledge.
- Applications must be downloaded from the official website, www.edudel.nic.in
- The caste category cannot be changed after the submission of application
- Percentage of marks must be calculated according to the grading system
- Attested copy of caste/PH certificate must be attached with the application form at the time of submission
- Application Performa should be submitted in triplicate at the Science Branch by the Head of School (HOS) duly attested by the HOS on working days in between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
"Centrally Sponsored National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme," Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/Scheme_NMMS.pdf
"Contact Us," Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, http://mhrd.gov.in/contact_us
"JSTSE 2012-2013-Examination Date-27.01.13," Varun Singh, http://trsvarunsingh-nidar.blogspot.in/2012/07/jstse-2012-2013-examination-date.html