DU College of Art Admissions 2013 - 14 in BFA, MFA
The College of Art, affiliated to the University of Delhi, has invited applications for admission to four-year bachelor's and two-year master's degree fine arts programmes for the session 2013 to 2014.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
The duration of the programme is generally four years with specialization in any of the following subjects:
- Applied art: 80 seats
- Art History: 20 seats
- Painting: 40 seats
- Printmaking: 20 seats
- Sculpture: 15 seats
- Visual Communication: 20 seats
Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
The course takes about two years with a specialization in any for the following subjects:
- Applied art: 10 seats
- Painting: 10 seats
- Printmaking: 10 seats
- Sculpture: 10 seats
- Visual Communication: 10 seats
Diploma in Fine Arts and Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Arts courses are also available to deaf and dumb students.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Availability of application forms: 10 June, 2013
- Last date for sale of application forms for BFA: 22 June, 2013
- Last date for submission of application form in person for BFA: 22 June, 2013
- Last date for submission of BFA forms via post: 25 June, 2013
- Last date for submission of MFA forms in person: 4 July, 2013 until 4 p.m.
- Last date for submission of MFA forms via post: 5 July, 2013 until 4 p.m.
- Declaration of eligibility to Aptitude test BFA: 27 June, 2013 at 4 p.m.
- Aptitude test BFA: 2 July, 2013
- Publication of results for selected candidates/waiting list BFA: 9 July, 2013 at 4 p.m.
- Last date for admission of selected candidates BFA: 10 July and 11 July, 2013 until 4 p.m.
- Opening of waiting list BFA: 12 July, 2013
- Declaration of eligibility list for MFA: 8 July, 2013
- Assessment of portfolio for MFA: 10 July to 17 July, 2013
- Final selection list for MFA: 18 July, 2013
- Payment of fees for MFA: 19 July and 22 July, 2013
- Waiting list of MFA: 23 July, 2013
- Commencement of classes: 24 July, 2013
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the BFA or MFA.
- Students applying in the general category must have a clear pass in 10+2 of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or equivalent examination with 50% minimum marks in aggregate
- Students applying for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (SC/ST and OBC) must have 45% marks in aggregate in the CBSE 10+2 or its equivalent examination
- Students who had drawing, sculpture, painting or applied art in the 10+2 examination must get 45% marks in aggregate
- Widows, physically handicapped students, Children of Armed Forces or paramilitary forces must also get 45% marks to qualify
- Candidates must have passed the BFA program of the College of Fine Arts with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Widows, children of military background, SC/ST and OBC candidates must get 45% marks in the BFA four-year courses
Aptitude test and assessment portfolio
- All those who have the eligibility criteria fulfilled will have to take the aptitude test. If your aptitude score is 50%, then you may qualify for the final selection process. There is 60% weightage on the aptitude test and 40% weightage on the score in 10+3 or its equivalent examination.
- The aptitude test will have the following papers: painting, sculpture, visual communication, general knowledge, object drawing, art history drawing, applied art, print making. The duration of the test is 90 minutes, during which students have to answer 60 marks questions in each paper.
- The shortlisted candidates must submit their assessment portfolio, consisting of three original works self-attested and submit the viva of program of study.
- 60% weightage is on the assessment program and 40% on the marks scored in last qualifying examination.
Admission procedure for BFA and MFA
- Admission forms are to be collected from the Academic Cell of the college and submitted within the stipulated date with the necessary documents.
- The price of the application form is Rs. 500 for the general category and Rs. 250 for reserved class.
- A demand draft favouring "DDO, College of Art, New Delhi" is to be submitted with the application forms.
You can download the BFA Application Form 2013 from here.
You can download the MFA Application Form 2013 from here.
"Procedure for Admission-BFA," College Of Art, http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/lib_collegeofart/Collegeofarts/Home/Admissions