Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET) 2013 to be held by JNT University
The Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET) 2013 will be held by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological (JNT) University Kakinada on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) on 20 May, 2013. The test evaluates students for admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) and Bachelor of Pharmacy programmes in All India Council for Technical Education/Pharmacy Council of India (AICTE/PCI) approved institutions. Candidates should have a diploma in technology, engineering or pharmacy, or a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Mathematics.
The test evaluates students for admission to the following types of programmes in AICTE/PCI approved institutions and universities:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Notification date: 9 February, 2013
- Online applications available: 11 February, 2013
- Last date to upload online application without fee: 1 April, 2013
- Last date to upload online application with Rs. 500 fee: 15 April, 2013
- Last date to upload online application with Rs. 1,000 fee: 25 April, 2013
- Last date to upload online application with Rs. 5,000 fee: 30 April, 2013
- Hall tickets available for download online: 1 May, 2013
- Date and time of exam: 20 May, 2013 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Results announced: 28 May, 2013
- Rank cards available for download: 3 June, 2013
In order to appear for the test, you must be of Indian nationality and belong to Andhra Pradesh. Make sure that you qualify for local/non-local status requirements. For educational background, you should have one of the following:
- Diploma in engineering, technology or pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State or an equivalent recognised diploma
- 45 percent marks are required (40 percent for reserved category candidates)
- Three-year B.Sc. degree exam with mathematics from a recognised university in Andhra Pradesh
- Current enrollment in a diploma program, and complete practical training for the course prior to college admission
Further eligibility requirements apply based on subject, as you may need to earn a specific diploma in order to enter a particular degree course in engineering or pharmacy.
Three hours are allotted for the 200-question exam. All questions are multiple choice objective type. Depending on whether you hold a diploma or the B.Sc. in mathematics, the syllabus differs. The test varies according to subject. The three papers are listed below with the maximum marks possible. Question papers are offered in English only.
- Mathematics: 50 marks
- Physics: 25 marks
- Chemistry: 25 marks
- Engineering: 100 marks (separate paper for each branch)
- Total: 200 marks
- Mathematics: 100 marks
- Analytical Ability: 50 marks
- Communicative English: 50 marks
- Total: 200 marks
- Pharmaceutics: 50 marks
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry: 50 marks
- Pharmacognosy: 50 marks
- Pharmacology: 50 marks
- Total: 200 marks
The application for the test is available online only (www.jntukh.edu.in/ecet2013 or www.apecet.org). The registration fee is Rs. 300, but additional fees apply if you submit after 1 April, 2013 (see Important dates above). The fee can be paid at AP online centres, mee-seva centers, e-seva centres in AP or with a debit/credit card. Make sure to print out the completed application. You must bring this with you on exam day with a passport sized photograph affixed. It is also your responsibility to make sure you have the correct question booklet for the subject in which you are eligible to take admission.
The test will be held for particular subjects at the following exam centres.
Engineering, B.Sc. (Mathematics) and Pharmacy
Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Communication (ECE), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Instrumentation (EIE), Chemical Engineering and B.Sc. (Mathematics)
Civil, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, CSE and B.Sc. (Mathematics)
Test centres cannot be changed after being selected. The convener may change or delete test centres as needed.
Detailed information about the exam on ECET 2013 exam page.
"ECET-2013," APECET-2013, 2013, http://www.apecet.org/