Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) invites Applications to MBA & Ph.D Programmes 2014
The Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), which is part of the University of Delhi (DU), is inviting applications to its two year, full time, MBA programme and its Ph.D programme for the academic session 2014 - 2015. CAT 2013 scores will be used as an admission criterion for both the programmes. There are 200 seats available for the MBA programme and 15 seats for the Ph.D programme.
Online registration: 11 November - 31 December, 2013
CAT 2013: 16 October - 11 November, 2013
Interested candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline (after 12 years of formal schooling) with at least 50% marks (SC/ST:passing marks; OBC/PwD/CW: 45%) or an equivalent CGPA, as per CAT 2013 advertisement requirement. Candidates appearing for the final year examination of their bachelor's degree examination are also eligible to apply. Candidates also need to have a valid CAT 2013 score.
Doctoral programme (Ph.D):
- You should have obtained a Master's/ M.Phil degree from DU or any other recognised university or a post graduate degree in an allied subject. You must have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in your M.Phil degree or at least 55% in your Master's degree.
- You will need to write the CAT 2013 if you have an MBA/ Master's degree in an allied subject from DU or equivalent. You will also need to have at least two years of post-MBA/ Masters work experience.
- You are also eligible to apply for the Ph.D programme if you have a 4 year bachelor's degree (B.Tech or M.B.B.S) (with 70% & 60% marks or grades respectively) and have obtained any national level fellowships.
- If you are a permanent teacher of any recognised college/ university other than the DU, employees of a research institute in India or are sponsored by your employers, you will be considered for admission to the Ph.D programme, provided that you obtain a study leave of two years to fulfil the residency requirements of the Ph.D programme of DU.
- Candidates exempted from the admission test are required to apply along with a demand draft of Rs. 250drawn in favor of "The Registrar, University of Delhi" by 13th January 2014. For application form and other eligibility conditions, please refer to the website of the University of Delhi (www.du.ac.in; Eligibility Criteria for Enrollment to Doctoral programme).
All Foreign Nationals seeking admission to MBA and Ph.D. programmes should apply through the office of the Dy. Dean (Foreign Students) Conference Center, Opposite Botany Department, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007, India. Foreign nationals studying in Indian Universities are required to appear in the Common Admission Test CAT 2013, and foreign nationals with Indian degree (but not currently staying in India) are required to submit GMAT score (minimum score 650). However, foreign nationals with foreign degrees are required to submit both GMAT and TOEFL scores.
Applicants can register themselves online through the FMS website www.fms.edu by filling up online registration forms and by paying a fee of Rs.1000 (Rs.350 for SC/ST/Person With Disability category) for each programme, any time between 11 November and 31 December, 2013.
Admission to the M.B.A. (Full-Time) programme will be based on Personal Interview, Group Discussion and CAT-2013 score (Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institutes of Management during October 16th, 2013 to November 11th, 2013).
Admission to the Ph.D programme will be based on Personal Interview and CAT 2013 score, wherein applicable.
Applicants who have not taken CAT-2013 will not be considered for admission.