GATE 2014 to Be Conducted by IIT Kharagpur
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2014 will be held by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, which is the organizing institute this year. The seven IITs (Roorkee, Madras, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Guwahati, Delhi and Bombay) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) oversee GATE. The GATE score is used for scholarships and employment. The eight GATE zones are:
- Zone 1: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- Zone 2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Zone 3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Zone 4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Zone 5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Zone 6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Zone 7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Zone 8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
This year all 21 papers will be online computer-based tests (CBT).
The GATE score is used to obtain financial support for master's or direct doctoral programmes in architecture, technology and engineering, and certain science doctoral programmes. Direct admission to a course may be granted due to a GATE score, or based on GATE plus an admission test and interview, as well as academic record.
- GATE online application opens: 2 September, 2013
- Last date to enroll: 1 October, 2013
- Last date to submit online application: 3 October, 2013
- Last date for receipt of online application printout, with other documents at zonal GATE offices: 10 October, 2013
- Last date to request changes in choice of test city: 20 November, 2013
- Admit card available online for printing: 18 December, 2013
- GATE 2014 examinations: On Saturdays & Sundays between 1 February & 2 March, 2014
- Exam timing: Morning: 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Afternoon: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- GATE 2014 results to be announced online: 28 March, 2014
|Application Forms Now Available|
Eligibility varies depending on the degree and programme. Generally, you should be in the fourth year for bachelor's qualifying degrees (or you may have already completed the degree). For a Master of Engineering (M.E.) or Master of Technology (M.Tech.), you should be in the second, third or fourth year. You are eligible if you completed the degree. If your qualifying degree is a Master of Science (M.Sc.), you should be in the final year or be finished with your program.
You can only appear for one GATE 2014 paper.
For further details on eligibility, refer to our page on GATE 2014.
Exam pattern and syllabus
GATE 2014 has 21 different papers. You may only appear for one paper. Some questions will require numerical answers, while other questions are Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
For further details, refer to our page on GATE 2014.
The application will be available online on 2 September.
"About GATE," IIT Kharagpur, http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/?id=NTozNzlQV1VUODo5MWMxNWIyNTllZjBjOTdiZjJiNWY0ODNhZWI2M2FkZA==
"GATE may be fully online in 2014," The Hindu, 13 June, 2013, http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/gate-may-be-fully-online-in-2014/article4808806.ece
"Important Dates," IIT Kharagpur, http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/?id=MTc6UklDMUVMMTE6NWY4ZjA2NDU5NDRlNjBiNDNhNjEwNzdmNjNmNTc1Yzk=