IGNOU to conduct MBA Entrance, OPENMAT XXXV on 2 February, 2014
Applications have been invited from eligible candidates who want to take the OPENMAT XXXV Entrance Test conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), for admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
IGNOU was established by the Act of Parliament in the year 1985 with the objective to offer more flexibility for following professional and vocational courses.
- Admission to Management programs are done through OPENMAT Entrance Test, held twice a year. The February 2014 schedule is impending.
- The various programs on offer by IGNOU are:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
- The MBA Program consists of 21 courses in all. These comprise of:
- All the courses in PGDIM that is MS-1 to MS-11 (for more details see the official link)
- Five courses from any one of the specialization streams
- Compulsory courses (MS-191 to MS-95) and any one elective course out of MS-92, 93, 94, 96, 97
- Project course (MS-100) equivalent to 2 courses
- The maximum duration of the course is 8 years.
- Date of entrance test: 2 February, 2014
- Last date for submission of application form: 15 December, 2013
- Validity of OPENMAT score and eligibility to seek admission in- 2nd Semester 2014 (July 2014) and 1st Semester 2015 (January 2015)
- Last date for submission of application form for Admission at the Regional Center along with Result card, Identity Proof and other relevant documents: 31 May, 2014 for 2nd Sem. and 30 November, 2014 for 1st Sem.
The eligibility criteria for all Management Programs are as follows-
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks for General category and 45% for Reserved category with 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- Or, candidates with a professional degree with 50% marks in Engineering, Medicine, Chartered Accountancy (ICAI) Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWA) / Company Secretary ship (ICS) / Law
- Clearance of OPENMAT Entrance Test
- There is no age bar
- Foreign students will have to have a valid student visa for the minimum duration of the program. They will have to pay the fee as per the amount payable by Foreign students mentioned in the official website - www.ignou.ac.in
1. The Examination will be held on 2 February, 2014, Sunday, from 10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.
2. Hall tickets will be given to the candidates 10 days before the exam date. In case of non-receipt of admit card even 3 days before the examination, the candidate can download it from the official website.
3. Students who qualify for the exam will be eligible for admission in July, 2014 or January, 2015.
- Application Form for OPENMAT Entrance Test (Form 1) is provided in a separate envelope along with the Student Handbook and Prospectus.
- Candidates are advised to see page 158 for instructions for filling the Application Form.
- The form must be duly filled in and send to IGNOU Head Quarters in the same envelope provided, by Registered or Speed post on or before the last date mentioned in the form.
- Incomplete and late applications will be summarily rejected.
- Learners are advised to retain the photocopy of the original form send to IGNOU.
- The course fee is Rs. 1500/- per course and Rs. 3000/- for MS-100
OPENMAT XXXV, IGNOU, http://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/MBA%20Prospectus%202014.pdf