IIT Kanpur to conduct JAM 2014 on 9 February, 2014
Applications are being been invited for aspiring students who want to appear for the Joint Admission Test for MSc. (JAM), 2014 that will be conducted by IIT Kanpur.
JAM is conducted for admission to Integrated Ph.D degree programs at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and M.Sc (2 year), Joint M.Sc-Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree, M.Sc-M.Tech and other Post-Bachelor's degree programs at the 11 IITs.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Commencement of online registration: September 16, 2013, Monday
- Last date for payment of fees via challan: October 12, 2013, Saturday
- Last date for closure of online registration: October 12, 2013 Saturday
- Last date for final website closure: October 16, 2013, Wednesday, till 11:59pm
- Last date of receiving of completed application forms: October 23, 2013, Wednesday
- Date of JAM test: February 9, 2014, Sunday
- Announcement of results: April 16, 2014, Wednesday, at 5pm
- Issue of application forms from IIT Kanpur office and website: April 17, Thursday, to April 24, Thursday, 2014
- Last date for receipt of application forms for admission along with required demand draft: April 30, 2014
- Interview at IISc/IITB/IITK/IITM: will be declared later
- Declaration of First Admission list: will be declared later
- Declaration of Second Admission list: to be declared later
- Declaration of Third and Final Admission list: to be declared later
There have been new additions and changes in JAM 2014.
Those students who qualify for the IIT JAM must fulfill the following criteria-
- For IISc Bangalore: the candidates must have First class marks for General and OBC category and Minimum 50% marks for SC and ST in the Qualifying exam
- For IITs: At least 55% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects for General and OBC class and at least 50% marks in aggregate for SC and ST class.
- Proof of qualifying degree with the minimum requirement as stated by the admitting institute by September 30, 2013.
You can learn more about the detailed eligibility criteria on JAM 2014 Eligibility Criteria page
Exam pattern and Syllabus
JAM 2014 has seven papers stated below. Candidates can appear for one or maximum two papers.
- Biological Science
- Mathematical Statistics
For detailed syllabus of each paper, you can refer to JAM 2014 syllabus page.
- Candidates must register for an account at the official website and fill in personal data in the online form.
- The application fee is to be paid by bank challan or net banking.
- The printed form affixed with photographs and signature must be posted to the Chairperson, JAM 2014, IIT Kanpur by the specified date.
JAM 2014, IIT Kanpur, http://gate.iitk.ac.in/JAM2014/procedure.html