IIT Kharagpur invites applications to Masters in HR Management through CAT 2013
IIT Kharagpur's Department of Humanities and Social Science invites application for its two year postgraduate course in Human Resource Management (MHRM). The institute is known for its excellence in Human resource management for over 30 years. The course was introduced to fulfill the demands of contemporary business needs.
The Masters in Human Resource Management (MHRM) is one of the leading programmes of the Department of Humanities and Social Science in collaboration with VGSOM (Business School) and RGSOIPL (Law School). The Programme focuses on the development of skill, knowledge and outlook to enable students to meet the requirement of the skilled professionals in modern business settings. The course is designed with an aim of grooming HR professionals with the requisite skills. The programme offers a total of 30 seats. The duration of the course is two years.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Over the years, the MHRM course has received encouraging response from the job industry with excellent placement records.
Online submission of completed applications starts from: 9th January, 2014
Last date for receiving completed application forms: 15th February, 2014
Applicants should be a graduate in Engineering or postgraduate in Science/Commerce/ Humanities and social Science with aggregate of 60%marks or equivalent.
Exam pattern and syllabus
The selection to this course shall be made on the basis of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2013 scores. Therefore, applicants who appeared for the CAT 2013 examination are only eligible to apply. CAT examination follows an objective type paper format. Students have to attempt questions from various sections which includes Data analysis, Quantitative aptitude, English and logical reasoning.
The admission and tuition fee per semester is Rs 75,000 which is excluding hostel, mess and establishment fees.
- Applicants should appear for CAT 2013 Exam and should have a valid CAT percentile.
- Online submission of application forms on or after 9th January,2014. Apply online at
- Application fee for general candidates is Rs. 1600 and candidates under the SC/ST/PH category have to pay Rs. 800. All female candidates are exempted from the payment of application fees.
- Pay the application fee through a demand draft in favour of "IIT Kharagpur" payable at Kharagpur.
- Candidates should send the print-out of the completed application form along with the photocopies of mark sheets and proof of previous experience along with the demand draft to:
The Assistant Registrar (PGS & R)
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur-721302, West Bengal
- Candidates selected on the basis of the application forms shall be invited for Group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI) rounds.
- Location and Dates for GD/PI shall be as follows:
Kolkata: 8 - 10 March, 2014
Bangalore: 29 - 31 March, 2014
Delhi: 22 - 24 March, 2014
Mumbai: 12- 14 March, 2014
Admission Coordinator: Dr. Rabindara Kumar Pradhan, Associate Professor
Phone number: 03222-282346/282269
Master of Human Resource Management (2014-2016), http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/mhrm/mhrm_brochure.pdf
Admission Notice, Department of Humanities and Social Science, IIT Kharagpur, http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/mhrm/mhrm_admission.pdf
|Application Forms Now Available|