Indian Navy invites Applications through 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry, July 2014
Indian Navy is inviting applications from unmarried male candidates to join its Indian Naval Academy in Kerala under the 10+2 (B.Tech) cadet entry scheme. If selected, you will be inducted as a cadet for a four-year B.Tech course in Electronics & Communication or Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
The entire cost of training, book material and lodging is borne by the Indian Navy. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be commissioned in the Indian Navy as an officer with the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Read about how you can apply for the programme, the eligibility criteria and the selection process for the same:
- You can submit an online application between 14 December, 2013 and 05 January, 2014.
- Last date for receiving hard copy of application along with relevant documents is 15 January, 2014.
- SSB interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted between February and May, 2014.
- Training of selected candidates will commence in July 2014.
- Your age must be between 17 and 19 and half years, i.e. born between 02 January, 1995 and 01 July, 1997 (both dates inclusive)
- You must have passed Senior Secondary examination (10+2) or its equivalent from a recognised university or board with minimum 70 percent aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and a minimum of 50 percent in English (either in class X or class XII).
- You must pass the minimum physical standards. These include:
- Height and weight - A minimum height of 157 cms with weight correlated as per age.
- Eyesight - The minimum standard for distant eye vision is 6/6, or 6/9 correctable to 6/6 with glasses. You should not have colour or night blindness.
- Tattoo - Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on forearms or inner face (forearm tattoo can be from inside of elbow to wrist on reverse side of the palm or back of the hand). Tattoos on any other body part are not acceptable. Tribal tattoo marks on face or body in accordance with custom are allowed.
- The first step is filling an online 'e-application' form for the 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet entry.
- Visit the www.nausena-bharti.nic.in website and click on the 'Officer Entry' button under the 'Apply Online' section on the Home Page.
- Proceed to fill the online registration form. Fill all required fields and view the completed application in 'Preview' mode to double-check listed information. Make sure all entered details are correct, as you will not be able to make changes once the form is saved.
- Print out two copies of the completed online application form. It will mention an application number on it.
- Sign one copy of the form and attach the following documents:
- Self-attested photograph
- Attested copies of Class X and XII certificates and marksheets
- Send the above documents by normal mail to Post Box No. 04, GPO, New Delhi -110001. (Application sent by SpeedPost/Courier/Registered Post are not accepted).
- Mention a superscript atop the envelope: 'ONLINE APPLICATION NO…. APPLICATION FOR 10+2 CADET (B TECH) ENTRY SCHEME - JULY 2014 COURSE QAULIFICATION PCM PERCENTAGE …%
- Your application will be screened and shortlisted on basis of your PCM marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination. You will be called for a Service Selection Board (SSB) interview at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore.
- The SSB interview is carried out is multiple stages:
- Stage I test - Intelligence test, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests on second day at SSB.
- Stage II test - Psychological testing, Group testing and interview. This round lasts four days.
- Medical examination - Determines medical fitness; lasts three to five days.
- You will be appointed for training if you clear all rounds at SSB and named in the final All India merit list.
|Application Forms Now Available|