Madhya Pradesh Pre-Medical Test (MP PMT 2013) on 7 July
The Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB), Bhopal, has announced dates and other information pertaining to the Pre-Medical Test 2013 (MP PMT 2013) for the academic session 2013 to 2014.
The MP PMT 2013 will be conducted for admission to various courses such as:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)/ Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in government autonomous unaided private medical and dental colleges of Madhya Pradesh
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.) and Animal Husbandry (A.H.)/B.F.Sc. in veterinary colleges and animal husbandry colleges under Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University, Jabalpur
- Availability of application forms: from 23 May, 2013
- Last date for submission of application: 23 June, 2013
- Date of entrance test: 7 July, 2013 (Sunday) 12 p.m.to 3:15 p.m.
- First counselling: by July 2013
- Start of academic session: 1 August, 2013
- Last date for admission to seats to unforeseen circumstances: 9 September, 2013
You must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of India.
- Have reached 17 years of age on or before 31 December, 2013. A document of age proof like mark sheet or Certificate of High School will be necessary.
- Have Higher Secondary Examination from Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal with minimum 50 percent marks aggregate and cleared all the papers pertaining to physics, chemistry and biology in the general class. In the reserved class the cut offmarks are 40 percent.
- If you have passed from any recognised board with a minimum 50 percent marks in aggregate for general class and 40 percent in reserved class passing individually in each of the subjects - physics, chemistry and biology - you can be eligible for admission.
- For foreign nationals who want admission, the External Affairs Ministry, Government of India must recognise the Board or University that the candidate has passed out of.
- Have English as one of a subject in the Higher Secondary Examination.
MP PMT 2013 Exam pattern
- Students can answer the Entrance Examination either in English or in Hindi. A single examination will determine the eligibility to both the private or government colleges. The candidates can choose from any three options:
- Government autonomous medical/dental colleges
- Private medical and dental colleges
- The duration of the paper is three hours, during which candidates will have to answer one paper divided into two parts. The first part will contain hundred multiple choice questions from physics and chemistry and the second part will contain another hundred questions pertaining to botany and zoology. Every correct answer will score the candidate 1 mark and there will be no mark awarded to incorrect or unanswered questions.
- Calculators, pagers, mobile phones, watch alarms, recording devises, listening devises, protectors, scales and compasses are not allowed inside the examination hall. If candidates are caught following unfair means the invigilator has the right to cancel the copy.
- The merit list will determine the ranks of students and this will determine the course and institution the candidate has for his or her choice. Online counselling will be held by a council for the allotment of seats, details of which will be intimated later via prominent newspaper of the state.
- Admit Cards for the Entrance Exams will be available at the official website.
- 15 percent of seats will be available for qualifying students in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2013.
MP PMT 2013 Syllabus
Students should be familiar with their Higher Secondary Syllabus for physics, chemistry, zoology and botany to crack the entrance test. Some of the topics in the following subjects are as follows:
- Physics: Unit and dimension, SI units, motion in dimension, acceleration due to gravity, heat reflection, specific heat and theorems of parallel and perpendicular axis.
- Chemistry: General and physical chemistry, chemical bond, solutions, nuclear chemistry, thermochemistry and thermodynamics, electrochemistry, surface chemistry and nomenclature.
- Biology: Cell structure, tissue and tissue system, enzyme, soil, human body, genetics, vitamins and minerals and blood group.
Application forms will be available online at www.vyapam.nic.in or www.mponline.gov.in with a payment of Rs. 700 for general candidates and Rs. 350 for reserved classes with another additional pay of Rs. 50 for online charges paid by credit or debit cards. The amount may be also deposited via cash at the authorised kiosks of M.P. Online.
The exam centres will be situated in the following places:
For detailed information on MP PMT, visit our MP PMT exam page.
"Pre-Medical Test (PMT) - 2013," Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, https://www.mponline.gov.in/Quick%20Links/Vyapam/Notifications/PMT_2013_RULE_BOOK.pdf
|Application Forms Now Available|