Maharashtra Technology-Common Entrance Test (MT-CET) 2013
The Maharashtra Technology-Common Entrance Test (MT-CET) 2013 is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). Formerly known as the Maharashtra Health and Technology-Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET), the 2013 MT-CET evaluates candidates for admission to pharmacy and engineering courses. The test will be held on 16 May, 2013. As of next year, the test is anticipated to be replaced by the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), at least for engineering courses.
Engineering/technology and pharmacy degree courses in Maharashtra state are offered at various institutions. Courses are generally full-time and may take at least four years to complete.
- Application kit and information brochure available: 18 March to 7 April, 2013
- Submission of online application form printout: 18 March to 7 April, 2013
- Application kit and information brochure available with late fee: 10 April to 11, 2013
- Submission of online application form printout with late fee (at notified colleges): 10 April to 11 April, 2013
- Correction to application form (if applicable) at notified colleges: 10 April to 11 April, 2013
- Test date: 16 May, 2013
For general category candidates, the fee for the test (including the application kit and information brochure) is Rs. 700. For backward class category candidates from Maharashtra, the fee is Rs. 500. The late fee for submission is Rs. 250 cash.
The admit card and score card are available from the respective junior college or notified college where you submitted the online application form. Candidates should receive the admit card by 9 May 2013. If you do not receive the card by then, or you lose the card, a duplicate admit card is available from the notified college/center in charge of the district.
Certain candidates from outside Maharashtra state may appear for the test:
- Foreign nationals
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Children of Non-resident Indians (NRIs)
- Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries
Kashmir Migrant candidates and Government of India (GOI) Nominees are exempt from appearing for the test for admission to engineering/technology courses. For pharmacy courses, PIOs, children of NRIs, children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries and foreign nationals, GOI Nominees and Jammu and Kashmir Migrant candidates are exempt. However, this is subject to approval by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). If approval is not received by 30 June, 2013, candidates are treated as Outside Maharashtra State (OMS) candidates and must appear for the test.
Further details on eligibility are available in the MT-CET 2013 Engineering/Technology and Pharmacy Information Brochure.
- Part I: Physics and Chemistry, 9:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Part II: Biology, 11:40 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Part III: Mathematics, 2:15 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Candidates must purchase the application kit with the information brochure at their respective junior college or high school (where you passed or will appear for the qualifying exam). Two brochures are provided: Engineering/Technology and Pharmacy. The online application form (www.dte.org.in/mtcet2013) printout should be submitted at your junior college or high school, which will submit it to the notified college. Maharashtra candidates who passed or appeared for the 12th standard or equivalent exam prior to 2012 will need to obtain the application kit and information brochure from a notified college.
For candidates who passed or appeared for the 12th standard exam outside Maharashtra and the Maharashtra Karnataka Disputed Border Area, purchase the application kit and brochure from a notified college. The online application form printout should be submitted to one of these colleges.
Notified Colleges (as of 29 February, 2013):
- Acharya Shrimannarayan Polytechnic, Pipri-Wardha
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad
- Government College of Engineering, Chandrapur
- Government College of Engineering, Jalgaon
- Government College of Engineering, Karad
- Government Polytechnic, Ahmednagar
- Government Polytechnic, Beed
- Government Polytechnic, Dhule
- Government Polytechnic, Gadchiroli
- Government Polytechnic, Gondia
- Government Polytechnic, Hingoli
- Government Polytechnic, Jalna
- Government Polytechnic, Jintur
- Government Polytechnic, Khamgaon
- Government Polytechnic, Kolhapur
- Government Polytechnic, Malwan
- Government Polytechnic, Murtizapur
- Government Polytechnic, Nagpur
- Government Polytechnic, Nandurbar
- Government Polytechnic, Nashik
- Government Polytechnic, Osmanabad
- Government Polytechnic, Pen
- Government Polytechnic, Ratnagiri
- Government Polytechnic, Sakoli
- Government Polytechnic, Solapur
- Government Polytechnic, Thane
- Government Polytechnic, Washim
- Government Polytechnic, Yavatmal
- Puranmal Lahoti Government Polytechnic, Latur
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Andheri, Mumbai
- Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded
- V.J.T.I. Matunga, Mumbai
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
MHT-CET 2013 will be held at all the district headquarters of Maharashtra. The MT-CET exam centre for each candidate would be in the same district from where that candidate has passed/is appearing for his class 12th examination.
In case of eligible candidates who have passed their 12th class exam from outside Maharashtra, the DTE will allot the exam centre. The exam centre for such candidates will be the district headquarter of the notified college where they would have submitted their MT-CET 2013 application forms.
The district headquarters of Maharashtra are:
The exam centres once alloted by the DTE, cannot be changed.
"Directorate of Technical Education," DTE, 2013, http://dte.org.in/MTCET2013/StaticPages/HomePage.aspx?did=475
"MHT CET is now MT-CET. MT-CET 2013 on 16 May 2013," IndiaEduNews, http://www.indiaedunews.net/Maharashtra/MHT_CET_is_now_MT-_CET._MT_-_CET_2013_on_16_May_2013_16010/
"Notification for MT-CET 2013," DTE, 2013, http://fileserver.mkcl.org/MTCET2013/OasisModules_Files/Files/13.pdf?did=844