Meta University based "Master of Mathematics Education" (MME) Admission Test 2013
The "Meta University", created by University of Delhi (DU) and Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), has invited applications for admission to the course Master of Mathematics Education for the academic session 2013 to 2014, through an entrance test to be conducted on 16 June, 2013.
(News, 22 Mar, 2012: Meta University to be set up in Delhi)
The Master of Mathematics Education (MME) is generally a two-year degree course. The conceptual course was started last year and the first batch is pursuing the course now. The course comprises four semesters, each taking sixteen weeks.
The number of seats available is as follows:
- Delhi University: General candidates five seats, Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates two seats, Scheduled Castes (SC) candidate two seats, Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidate one seat
- Jamia Millia Islamia: General candidates five seats, Muslim candidates three seats, Muslim OBC/Muslim ST candidates one seat and Muslim women one seat
Each school plans to have 10 seats available.
|Application Forms Now Available|
MME as a degree programme is intended to transcend disciplinary boundaries and promotes new viewpoints. It serves also as an in-service training course for many teachers already working in schools. The degree programme is aimed at the revision of conventional teaching techniques of mathematics, especially in school levels with inter-subject relationships, technology and group activities. For the first batch the curriculum is largely based on the existing course structures of DU and JMI.
For each semester, students currently have to deposit Rs. 5,000.
- Issue of application forms: 20 May, 2013
- Last date for submission of application forms: 7 June, 2013, until 1 p.m.
- Entrance test: 16 June, 2013
- Declaration of results: 20 June, 2013
- Interview sessions: 1 and 2 July, 2013
- Declaration of first merit list: 4 July, 2013
- Provisional admissions in first merit list: 8 to 10 July, 2013
- Second merit list declaration: 11 July, 2013
- Provisional admission on second merit list: 12 to 15 July, 2013
- Classes commence from: 16 July, 2013
Candidates who aspire to join the course must have a graduate degree in any subject, but must have answered two full papers in mathematics. Students in the last year of the undergraduate degree waiting for results can also apply for the course. However, these candidates must fulfill the required criteria before classes start.
All students have to answer a qualifying entrance test. Here are the details of the examination:
- Entrance test is scheduled for June 16
- The duration of the test in one hour, in which students have to answer 75 questions.
- Candidates must answer the test only in black ball point pen.
- The results can be seen on the official website of Jamia Millia Islamia College, Delhi University or Cluster Innovation Centre.
Personal interview session
After the entrance test, qualified candidates will be called for an interview session. The granting of candidature will be based on 75 percent weightage for the entrance exam and 25 percent weightage for the interview session.
Even though there is no prescribed syllabus, the entrance test will be based on the following aspects
- Reasoning and analytical skills
- Mathematical concepts
- Mental ability
- English language and communication skills
- General knowledge
Application forms will be available from May 20, 2013 at the following websites: http://du.ac.in (University of Delhi) and http://jmi.ac.in (Jamia Millia Islamia). It can also be collected fromThe Cluster Innovation Centre, Rugby Sevens Building, 3rd Floor, University Stadium, North Campus, Delhi-110007 (Phone 27666702) on all working days between Monday and Friday between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The application forms must be duly filled and submitted to the Cluster Innovation Centre on working days between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. before 7 June, 2013. A demand draft of Rs. 500 for general category and Rs. 250 for reserved category candidates in the name of Registrar, University of Delhi, payable at Delhi must accompany the application form when depositing.
Those submitting the application form in person will get their admit card at that time. For those who are submitting by post, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for the admit card.
Exam centres will be situated only at Delhi.
"Admission Announcement 2013-14," University of Delhi, http://www.du.ac.in/fileadmin/DU/students/Pdf/admissions/2013/PG/17513_Annoncement_Details_2013-MME.pdf
"Master of Mathematics Education On-line Prospectus," University of Delhi, http://www.du.ac.in/fileadmin/DU/students/Pdf/admissions/2013/PG/17513_MME_PROSPECTUS_ON_LINE_2013_14.pdf