Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) 2013 to be held by Osmania University
The Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) will be offered in six regions in India from 22 May to 25 May, 2013. The exam evaluates candidates for admission to postgraduate courses in engineering, architecture, technology and pharmacy for the academic year 2013 to 2014. PGECET is conducted by Osmania University on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). Several colleges accept the PGECET score.
A variety of programmes, or programs, are offered at the universities accepting PGECET 2013 scores. Types of degree programmes are listed below. Courses such as the Master of Engineering or Master of Technology have many available specialisations such as design engineering, computer science, bio-technology and civil Engineering. Course offerings vary by school and programme, check with prospective schools for availability.
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Notification available: 27 February, 2013
- Online applications available: 4 March, 2013
- Last date to submit online application without late fee: 15 April, 2013
- Last date to submit online application with Rs. 500 late fee: 29 April, 2013
- Last date to submit online application with Rs. 2,000 late fee: 6 May, 2013
- Hall tickets available for download: 13 May to 20 May, 2013
- Exam dates: 22 May to 25 May, 2013
In order to appear for the test, candidates must have passed or currently be appearing for one of the following: Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), Bachelor of Planning, Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) or the equivalent. For engineering and pharmacy courses, candidates should have earned 50 percent marks in subjects taken during the qualifying exam (combined). For reserved categories, the required marks are 45 percent. More specific eligibility requirements vary by degree course and school.
Exam schedule and exam pattern
Each paper is allotted two hours and carries a maximum of 120 marks. All question papers have objective type multiple choice questions. Answers must be filled in on a Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet.
|Application Forms Now Available|
22 May, 2013
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Environmental Management (EM)
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Computer Science and Information Technology
23 May, 2013
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Electronics and Communication (EC), Bio-Tech (BT), Aerospace (AS)
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Civil (CE), Mechanical (ME), Electrical (EE)
24 May, 2013
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Instrumentation (EI), Metallurgy (MT)
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Nano Technology (NT)
25 May, 2013
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Geo Engineering and Geo Informatics (GG), Bio-Medical (BM)
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Pharmacy (PY), Architecture and Planning (AR), Chemical (CH)
A general overview of topics for each paper is listed below. Check the PGECET 2013 website for further details.
- Aerospace Engineering (AS): Engineering mathematics, flight mechanics, space dynamics, aerodynamics and structures.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): City planning, history of architecture, computer-aided design, techniques of planning, infrastructure and development administration.
- Bio-medical Engineering (BM): Electronics and instrumentation engineering, electrical engineering, engineering mathematics and electronic engineering.
- Bio-technology (BT): Bioinformatics, recombinant DNA technology, characteristics of animal cells, engineering mathematics, biochemistry and microbiology.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Chemical technology, heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid mechanics, chemical engineering and engineering mathematics.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, engineering mathematics, environmental engineering, water resources engineering and transportation engineering.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Mathematical logic, algorithms, computer organization and architecture, engineering mathematics, databases and computer networks.
- Electrical Engineering (EE): Analog and digital electronics, control systems, signals and systems, power systems and engineering mathematics.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Digital and analog circuits, networks, electronic devices, control systems, engineering mathematics, electromagnetic and communications.
- Environmental Management (EM): Sections in Part 1 include ecology and environment, microbiology. Part 2 covers environmental chemistry and pollution control engineering. Part 3 includes geospatial technology, elementary mathematics, statistics and computer science. Part 4 has questions on fundamentals of surface hydrology and fundamentals of ground water hydrology.
- Geo-Engineering and Geo-Informatics (GG): Programming in c, engineering mathematics, rocks, maps, environment, soils, oceans and surveying methods.
- Instrumentation Engineering (EI): Engineering mathematics, digital and analog electronics, transducers, basics of circuits and measurement systems; analytical, optical and biomedical instrumentation.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering mathematics, applied mechanics and design, manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Metallurgy (MT): Engineering mathematics, extractive metallurgy, thermodynamics, manufacturing processes, physical metallurgy and mechanical metallurgy.
- Nano Technology (NT): Fluid mechanics, heat transfer, engineering mechanics and strength of material, metallurgical thermodynamics, elements of materials science and advanced material science.
- Pharmacy (PY): Pharmacology, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance.
To apply for the test, register online at www.appgecet.org. Complete required registration details, pay the required fee, and get a receipt for your payment. The receipt should have a transaction ID. Once you have this, use it to log on to the site. The registration fee for the test is Rs. 500. For Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes (SC/ST) candidates, the fee is Rs. 250. You may pay through debit or credit card. For application details, visit www.appgecet.org or www.osmania.ac.in.
The following universities plan to accept PGECET scores (as of March 2013):
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- AU College of Engineering, Andhra University
- JNAFA University Hyderabad
- JNTUA, Anantapur
- JNTUH, Hyderabad
- JNTUK, Kakinada
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Osmania University
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapur
- Sri Padma Vathi Mahila University, Tirupathi
- Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering: Tirupati
- University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, KU, Warangal
The 2013 test will be offered in six regions. The tentative exam centres are listed below.
- JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur
- College of Engineering, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- JNTU College of Engineering, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- University College of Engineering (A), Osmania University, Hyderabad-500007
- Sri Venkateshwara University College of Engineering, Tirupati
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal
Check www.appgecet.org for additional updates on exam centres.
"PGECET-2013," Osmania University, 2013, http://www.appgecet.org/index.aspx