Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2014 for MBA, MCA, M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan
Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu has announced the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2014 and is inviting applications for the same.
About the test
TANCET is conducted for candidates seeking admission to the following degree Programs of 2014-15 offered at university departments, university colleges of Engineering, Regional centres of Anna University, Government and Government aided Engineering Colleges, Arts and Science Colleges, Self Financing colleges (including stand alone colleges) in Tamil Nadu.
Some Universities and self financing Engineering colleges also choose to admit students on the basis of their TANCET 2014 scores.
Students from other states can also take TANCET 2014, but the eligibility conditions will be decided by the admitting authority/University.
Registration (in person/online) begins: 1 February, 2014
Last date for registration: 18 February, 2014
Last date to register in person at Chennai centre & receipt of application registered online: 20 February, 2014
MCA exam date: 22 March, 2014 (Saturday) (10 am to 12 noon)
MBA exam date: 22 March, 2014 (Saturday) 0 (2.30 pm to 4.30 pm)
M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan exam date: 23 March, 2014 (Sunday) (10 am to 12 noon)
Eligibility for TANCET 2014
Detailed eligibility criteria are available on the TANCET 2014 eligibility page.
How to apply
- Candidates have to submit only one application form as the form is common for all 3 entrance test.
- Candidates have to pay an entrance test fee of Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of permanent community certificate in card format) for either one (M.B.A. or M.C.A. or M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan/ M.E) of the programs.
- Candidates who want to appear for more than one program have to pay Rs.500 (Rs. 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional program that they want to appear for.
1. Registration in person: Hall tickets will be issued to the candidates at the co-ordinating centers who come in with their 10th and 12th std. mark sheets (or 3yr diploma certificate) and cash or demand draft for the entrance test fee.
2. Registration through internet can be done by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tancet2014. The filled-in downloaded application form should be sent along with the demand draft and photocopies of certificate to 'The Secretary, TANCET, Centre for entrance examination, Anna University, Chennai-600025 on or before 20.02.2014 by 5.30pm. The hall tickets will be sent by post.
3. The demand draft should be drawn in favor of 'The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai payable at Chennai obtained from any nationalized bank.
TANCET 2014 will be conducted across test centres in 15 cities in Tamil Nadu.