UPSC to conduct Geologists' Exam 2013 on 9 November
Applications have been invited from eligible candidates by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the Geologists' Examination 2013 for recruitment to posts such as Geologists, Assistant Geologists', Junior Hydrogeologists and Assistant Hydrogeologists.
- Availability of forms: August 24, 2013
- Last date for submission of online applications: September 23, 2013; till 11:59pm
- Date of Examination commencement: November 9, 2013; Saturday
Learn more about the important dates on the Geologists' Exam 2013 Dates page.
- Nationality: the candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan Refugee who came before January 1st 1962, or one who has immigrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries, Vietnam to who a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the government of India
- Age Requirement: For the posts in the Geological Survey of India, a candidate must have attained 21 years of age and not more than 32 years of age on August 1, 2013. For the posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources, the Candidate must be minimum 21 years of age and not more than 35 years of age on August 1, 2013. ( the age limit is relaxed for the reserved class; please check the official website)
- Educational Standards: The candidate must hold a Master's degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Marine Geology from a recognized University or Master's degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University or must have a Diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology from Indian School Mines.
- Physical standards: the candidate must be physically fit as mentioned by the commission.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria on the Geologists' exam eligibility criteria page.
Exam pattern and Syllabus
- The exam will be held in two parts - written examination and personal interview
- Candidates must write their essay type General English, Geology Paper I, II, III and Hydrogeology paper in 3 hours duration. Apart for the General English paper that carries 100 marks all paper will carry 200 marks.
- For the personal Interview session candidates will be assessed for their leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, social qualities and physical and mental power by a board of unbiased observers.
Learn more details about the exam pattern and syllabus on the Geologists' exam pattern & syllabus 2013 page.
|Application Forms Now Available|
All applications are to be filled online at www.upsconline.nic.in. Applicants are advised to send only one application. Learn more about the application details on the Geologists' Exam Application page.