UPSC to conduct IES/ ISS Exam 2013 in November
Online applications have been invited from eligible candidates by the Union Public Service Commission for the Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service Examination (ISS), 2013, a combined examination for recruitment to grade IV of the services.
About IES & ISS Exam
The combined examinations are held to choose eligible candidates for grade IV services. There are 30 vacancies for Indian Economic Service and 36 vacancies for Indian Statistical Services. 3 vacancies have been reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates with hearing impairment, cerebral palsy or locomotors disability for ISS and one vacancy for IES. The number of vacancies can be altered as per requirement by the norms of Government of India.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Availability of forms: August 17, 2013
- Last date for submission of forms: September 16, 2013; till 11.59pm
- Exams begin from: 9 November, 2013
In cases where the eligibility certificates are necessary, may take the test and then later on submit his certificate of eligibility from the government of India.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- Tibetan refugees who have shifted to India before January 1, 1962 can also apply
- Candidates of Indian Origin, who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries like Malawi, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia may also apply.
- Candidates must be minimum 21 years of age and below 30 years on August 1, 2013. The age limit can be relaxed in case of reserved class.
- Female candidates and those belonging to the reserved class are exempted from paying the fees.
You can learn about further eligibility criteria from the IES/ ISS eligibility criteria page.
Exam pattern & syllabus
Part I of the examination comprises of 1000 marks answerable in writing. The syllabus and bifurcation of marks is as follows
- General English: 100 marks, 3 hours
- General Studies: 100 marks, 3 hours
- General Economics- paper I, paper II and Paper III: 200 marks each, 3 hours each
- Indian Economics: 200 marks, 3 hours
You may also read through the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for IES & ISS Exam 2013.
- Applications have to be downloaded from the official website- www.upsconline.com
- Instructions for filling up the form will be available at the official website.
- Applicants have to fill up only on form. Due to unforeseen circumstances if the applicants are filling up multiple applications, those with the highest details will be considered.
- Fees once paid are not refundable. In case the payments are not received by the bank then the application will be rejected. The rejection list will be published thereafter the proof of fee submission must be submitted within ten days.
- Candidates must choose their center for examination and they must attend the specified examination center only
- The qualifying list will be drawn only on the basis of written examination and personal interview session.