Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test UPTET 2014 on 22,23 February
Applications have been invited by the Uttar Pradesh government from male and female candidates for taking the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), conducted by the Pariksha Niyamak Pradhikari.
TET is conducted to determine eligibility of a candidate to enter as teaching staff in various government primary and upper primary schools. The following are the various categories for which the UPTET is being conducted:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Primary Level Class I to V
- Language Teacher for Primary Level
- Upper Primary Level Class VI to VIII
- Language Teacher of upper primary level
- Date of publishing of advertisement: 10 December, 2013
- Last date for online registration: 1 January, 2014
- Last date for online application: 6 January, 2014
- Correction of errors: 1 January to 16 January, 2014
- Admit card uploaded on the website: 6 February, 2014
- Date of UPTET 2014: 22 February and 23 February, 2014
- Issuance of Answer key: 25 February, 2014
- Declaration of results: 25 March, 2014
- To be eligible to take the test the candidate must have minimum a graduation along with B. Ed with at least 50% marks. The percentage is relaxed by 5% for the reserved class; For level I the qualification is senior secondary with at least minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year diploma in Elementary Education; or Senior Secondary with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year diploma in Elementary education according to NCTE norms; or Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education; or senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year 2-year diploma in Education.
- To qualify for TET, as per NCTE, general category candidates need to secure 60% while general category students need 55% marks. Qualifying students will be given the UPTET certificate to seek jobs in government, local bodies, government aided and unaided.
- Acquiring of jobs is subject to vacancies.
- The duration of the examination is 150 minutes according to the recent notification of NCTE.
- The Questions will be multiple choice questions with four options to answer for each.
- There is no negative marking.
- All questions except those concerning language subjects will be bilingual or all categories (Level I Teachers for classes I to V and Level II Teachers for Classes VI to VIII) that is Hindi and English, Sanskrit and Urdu are optional language.
Syllabus and division of marks
- UPTET syllabus Paper 1 (primary teachers' classes I to V)
i) Child development and Pedagogy
Unit 1 Marks-6
Child development, concept of growth, principles and dimensions of development, factors affection development and its relationship with learning; role of hereditary and environmental
Unit 2 Marks-6
Meaning and the concept of learning and its processes; factors affection learning; theories of learning and its implication; how children learn and think; motivation and implication for learning
Unit 3 Marks 6
Individual differences: meaning, types, factors affection individual; differences, understanding individual differences as per gander, language, community etc.; Personality: concept and types, factors responsible, measurement
Intelligence: concept, theories and measurement, multidimensional intelligence
Unit 4 Marks 6
Understanding diverse learners: backward, mentally retarded, gifted, creative, disadvantaged, deprived, specially able; learning difficulties; adjustment: role of teacher in adjustment
Unit 5 Marks 6
Teaching and learning process, teaching learning strategies, methods in the context of National Curriculum Framework 2005; the meaning and purposes of assessment, measurement, and evaluation; comprehensive and continuous evaluation, constriction of achievement test; action research; Right to Education Act 2009
ii) Languages- English (each unit carries 5 marks)
Unseen Prose Passage, synonyms, antonyms, Spellings, Word formation, one word substitution
Unseen prose passage, parts of speech, tenses, determiners, change of degrees
Framing questions including Wh-questions, active/passive voice, English sounds and phonetic symbols
Principles of teaching English, Methods and Approaches to English Language Teaching
Development of Language Skills, Teaching Learning Materials, Textbooks, Multimedia Materials and other resources.
Comprehensive and continuous evaluation, evaluation language proficiency
iii) For other languages check the official website
2. UPTET Syllabus Paper 2 (Primary Teachers classes VI to VIII)
Sec-I: Child Development and Pedagogy- 30 multiple choice questions, 30 marks
Sec-II: Language I (English, Gujarati, Punjabi, Sindhi, Urdu) - 30 multiple choice questions, 30 marks
Sec-III: Language II (English, Gujarati, Punjabi, Sindhi, Urdu) - 30 multiple choice questions, 30 marks
Sec-IV: Mathematics and Science/ Social Studies- 60 multiple choice questions, 60 marks
3. UPTET Level 1 Mathematics syllabus (Each Unit carries 5 marks)
i) Unit 1: whole number up to one crore, place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication division
ii) Unit II- fractions, comparison, addition and subtraction of various kinds of fractions, HCF, LCM
iii) Unit III- University Law, average, Simple Interest, Profit and loss
iv) Unit IV- Place and curved surfaces, plane, solids, point, line, ray, line segment, angle and their types; length, weight and capacity, time measurement, area and perimeter of plane surfaces of squares and rectangles
v) Unit V- Nature of mathematics, language mathematics, community mathematics, logical thinking.
vi) Unit IV- evaluation through formal and informal methods, problems of teaching, error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching, diagnostic and remedial teaching.
- Applications have to be filed online at the official website, http://upbasiceduboard.gov.in/main_ups.aspx
- Registration is the first process and that must be done by the stipulated time
- E-Challan form has to be printed for submitting the fees for the examination. E-challan may also be submitted online.
- The fees for taking the examination is Rs.300/- for general candidates and Rs.150/- to reserving class. There will be no fees for the physically challenged candidates.
- Take out a print of the application form and the registration details
U.P. Pariksha Niyamak Pradhikari, Allahabad
Phone- 0532-2466761, 0532-2466769
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
SBI government Business Branch, Lucknow
Phone: 9454713363, 8004922875 in between 10.30am and 6pm
Career of a teacher
|Application Forms Now Available|