Part Time Education - Introduction
In today’s fast paced world, excellence is defined not in terms of a singular domain, but in terms of multifarious knowledge. Part time education, due to its flexibility, makes it possible to acquire insight into a wide array of subjects, sometimes totally divergent, at the same time, leading to the growth of a wholesome personality. More importantly, for those who seek to study further, and yet find it difficult to do the same due to lack of time, economic constraints and resources, part time education is a blessing. Part-time education is a perfect synthesis between campus education and distance education. In this education there is a great interaction between the students & teachers. Classes are generally taken in the evening or the week-ends or any time suitable to students. Here students learn as much as students receiving in campus education through traditional face-to-face instruction. Though in part-time education teaching time is very much unusual but student-to-student interaction and timely teacher-to- student feedback made it more effective as traditional instruction.
This type of education is particularly popular among the urban youths, upper executives and professionals. In India all most all reputed educational institutes providing part-time courses to the students. The great IIMs, IITs, ISESs, Pilani Institutes of Technology, NIFT, TFIR, AIIMS and so many universities and institutes are also providing part-time courses. Even open universities are also front runner in this race. They are providing diploma to doctorate course through part-time course. Private and foreign educational institutions have also very good stake in this education.
- The method of teaching and learning in this part-time mode of education is more-or-less similar to that of Campus Education.
- The only major difference between Campus education and Part-time education is the flexible timings of the conduction of classes. For example, Part-time education may be conducted in the form of several shifts, including evening or night schedules, weekend classes or classes conducted in selected days of the week.
- Timings in part-time education are usually such that they do not clash with the day to day routine work of the students enrolled.
- Student is more active and self directed in learning environment.
- Well planned instructional design and self-instructional material.
- Easy schedule.
- Students can engage course at home.
- Economical and affordable for every one.
- Can pursue any job along with education.
Suitable ForDue to its wonderful feature “Flexible schedules and off beat timings”, Part-time education especially help those who are either employed or engaged in some full time activity. Housewives, drop outs, working professionals etc., all come within this ambit. It also takes care of those students who are busy preparing for some competitive exam and who cannot afford the luxury of taking up a full time course.
|Application Forms Now Available|