Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi established as a College of Engineering in 1961, is one of the seven Institutes of Technology created as centers of excellence for higher training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India. It was later renamed as "Indian Institute of Technology Delhi" under the "Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963" and was then accorded the status of a deemed university. Ever since its inception, it has been a pioneer in providing instruction in the field of engineering, applied sciences and other postgraduate research. The Institute attracts lot many student-talents every year through part-time courses as well.
- PhD Program, Duration, Duration 2 year
- MBA in Technology Management, Duration 2 year
- M.Tech. Program in Energy and Environmental Management, Duration 1-year Part-time (Evening)
M.Tech [Part time/Evening program]
- B.Tech. /M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant field with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general category
- Minimum 1 year work experience as on 1 August 2003. Must submit No Objection Certificate from employer (as per Note 4) and/or interview program Organization should be located within 50 km. from IIT Delhi. Selection basis: Written test and/or interview
MBA [Part time]
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy/B.Sc Agricultural Engg. (Minimum 4-yrs after 10+2) OR
Masters degree in any branch of Physical/Chemical/ Mathematical Sciences /Statistics/Computer Applications/Electronics Sciences/Environmental Science OR Computational/ /Information Science/Agriculture OR
Master and/or degree in Commerce /Economics with CGPA of 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general category.
Selection basis: JMET score and Group discussion / Interview
PhD [Part time]
- Masters degree in Engineering/Technology or Masters Degree in Science/Humanities or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general category.
- Full-time students who do not possess M.Tech or equivalent degree are required to have a valid GATE Score (75 for GE & 50 for SC/ST) OR UGC/CSIR/ICAR fellowship examination for Sciences/ Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines.OR
B.Tech. or equivalent with CGPA of 7.5 on 10 point scale or 70% aggregate marks and qualified GATE or UGC/CSIR/ICAR fellowship examination.
- Self supporting candidates with B.Tech./M.Sc./equivalent with 75% aggregate marks or 8.5 CGPA can be considered eligible without GATE/UGC/CSIR/ICAR. For Biomedical Engg., candidates having M.B.B.S. with 60% marks or more are eligible provided they have qualified ICMR. The Candidates having Postgraduate degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD)/Master in Surgery (MS) with 60% marks or more after MBBS will also be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme in CBME.
SelectionAdmission to the Ph.D.program is made on the basis of written test / interview conducted by the Department/ Centre concerned. Applications are invited from candidates by advertising the programs in Employment News / leading Newspapers in the March for the first semester and in October for the second semester, every year. Admission to Ph.D. /M.S. (Research) program is also possible any time in the year through DRC/CRC with the approval of the Dean, PGS & R for all categories of scholars. They can be allowed to join any time though the course registration in such cases will be possible only at the beginning of next semester.
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT, Delhi)
New Delhi 110016
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!