CISCE - Affiliation
At the 14th Meeting of the Council held in October 1967 the Council approved the following conditions for schools seeking affiliation to the Council:
- The school should be run by a Registered Society or Trust and one of the principal purposes of such Society or Trust must be Educational.
- Each school must have a properly constituted Governing Body.
- The Society or Trust should have financial stability.
- The medium of instruction must be English and the scheme of studies must be in accordance with the scheme laid down by the Council for the examination at the senior school stage and approved by the Council at the junior school stage. Special importance is attached to English including oral English which must be of a high standard.
- The staff must be properly qualified in accordance with the qualifications prescribed by the Council and paid salaries at rates, including allowances, not lower than those in corresponding State Government Schools.
- There should be a Compulsory Provident Fund Scheme.
- The accommodation should be adequate and suitable having regard to numbers and sex of pupils attending the school.
- The playing fields and/or other facilities for extra-curricular and co-curricular activities must be of a good standard in relation to those considered practical and desirable in the particular area. Special attention must be paid to physical education, art and music, though it may not be the intention to offer such subjects for the examination.
- The equipment should be adequate to enable all subjects to be taught efficiently and must include a library, and apparatus for practical work. Where Science, Home Science or Technical subjects are offered for the examination, the premises and the apparatus and equipment must be approved by the Council.
- The number of working days and hours should conform to those prescribed by the Council from time to time.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!