BIT Mesra MBA Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have appeared in CAT 2011 / CMAT 2012 and should have valid Score in CAT 2011 / CMAT 2012.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates with B.Sc. / B.A. / B. Com. qualification must have minimum 50% marks in average (40% for SC/ST) in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared [excluding optional subjects]. Percentage of marks for candidate with Honours degree will be computed on the basis of Honours’ subjects.
- Candidates of other professional courses including BBA/BCA must have minimum 55% marks in average (40% for SC/ST) in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared (excluding optional subjects).
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2012 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 3 or 4 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of the counselling they must bring the following:
a) A certificate in original from the Principal of their Institute stating that by 30 June 2012, they will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining their Bachelor’s degree.
b) A certificate in original from the Principal certifying that they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades / marks. Marks to be calculated as per item (3 or 4) above.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (3 or 4) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2012. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks in average calculated as per item (3 or 4) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case, any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case, a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same board/ University