Commerce Vs Arts
Comparing two diametrically opposite courses is not only tough but almost impossible. Commerce defies comprehension, creativity and analysis while Arts is nothing but a culmination of all those. As far as studying the streams in India is concerned, the scale is definitely higher for Commerce. Most students pursue Commerce in Class 12 and a far lesser number take up Arts or Humanities, not even gauging their aptitude for the subject.
Commerce as a stream of education can be defined as a study of trade and business activities such as the exchange of goods and services from producer to final consumer. The study of Arts or Humanities enables a student to develop critical, argumentative and creative skills.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Benefits of Studying Commerce
- No matter which industry you choose to work in, a sound understanding of Commerce is invaluable to your career prospects. From financial markets and economics to the latest management practices, studying commerce can offer you the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a successful career.
- Many companies especially KPOs and BPOs prefer employees from accounts and finance backgrounds.
- Recession or no recession, commerce is a subject which will always be in demand unlike those from the engineering or management background.
Read: Science vs. Commerce
Benefits of Studying Arts
- Studying Arts or Humanities help a student develop powers of analysis and expression.
- Though the study of arts may not make you directly employable, it prepares you for future jobs that require good communication skills, logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Many employers prefer people from Humanities background because not only do they have the ability to work independently and analytically but they are also experts in collecting information and writing clearly and coherently.
- The plethora of subjects that a student gets to study under Humanities stream is huge. Subjects like Geography, Philosophy, History, Sociology, and Political Science open a wide variety of career options.
|Includes study of subjects like Accounting, Tax, Business Economics and Finance||Includes study of subjects like Geography, Philosophy, History, Sociology, and Political Science|
|Need good grades after Class 10 and also in Class 12 to pursue higher education in commerce||Average grades in Class 10 can help you seek admission in the Humanities stream in 10+2|
Start a professional career by registering for CA foundation course
|Less scope of joining a professional career and have to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. However, one can always a vocational course or pursue his or her interests simultaneously|
|You cannot appear for engineering or medical streams or change to science stream after Class 12. However, you can shift to Arts after Class 12.||You cannot make a shift to other streams like Science or Commerce after Class 12.|