Master of Finance and Control (MFC) vs. MBA - FC
Master of Finance and Control provides the students with conceptual and analytical skills of financial decision making. The course balances the various aspects of Finance, as a result of which this course has an edge over the contemporary courses in the area of management.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Master of Business Administration in Finance and Control has been introduced to provide exhaustive knowledge in the field of Finance. The course creates explicit job opportunities in financial institutions and industry.
MFC - Master of Finance and Control
Master of Finance & Control (MFC) is a two-year degree course which is offered to students who have completed their graduation or taken its equivalent exam. It is a post-graduate financial services management program, which covers subjects like finance and accounting. The course also has a super-specialization which the students can take in the last semester.
MFC Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria for taking up a Master of Finance & Control (MFC) course is a graduation degree in any discipline. Few of the top universities require a score of minimum of 45% to 50 % of marks in graduation. Some institutes even conduct an entrance exam before selecting candidates to the course, and take admissions on the basis of merit score. The entrance exam may be followed up by Group Discussion and Personal Interview, depending on the institute’s policies for admission.
Universities Offering the MFC Courses
Out of all the institutes offering MFC, some of the top colleges include the following:
- Department of Financial Studies of Delhi University (Find details about the course here)
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (Himachal Pradesh)
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar Etc.
Some colleges offer this course through distance mode too, such as:
- Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh)
- Panjab University, Patiala (Punjab)
MFC Career Prospects
Master of Finance & Control (MFC) degree facilitates excellent career opportunities in diverse sectors. On completion of the course, students are likely to secure jobs in the following sectors:
- Business and Financial Counseling
- Capital and Money Markets
- Core Banking and Insurance
- Corporate Treasuries
- Credit Rating
- Equity Research
- Forex Advisory Services
- International Finance
- Investment Advisory Services
- Portfolio Management
- Real Estate
- Venture Capital
- Wealth Management etc.
Also, this degree enables students to secure lucrative salaries, subject to their performance in the course and their caliber. Students who have completed Master of Finance & Control (MFC) course have huge demand in India as well as abroad. With reasonable practice and experience in this field, the candidates will become capable to have an earning from above Rs.15000 to Rs. 50000 a month. It is also possible for Master of Finance & Control (MFC) students to get jobs abroad.
Some of the esteemed organizations that are regular recruiters at Department of Financial Studies of Delhi University, for the MFC course include, AegonReligare, Bank of Baroda, Jaypee Capital, JP Morgan Chase, Kotak Bank, Citi Financial , Morgan Stanley Advantage, Nestle India, Power Finance Corporation, and the like.
MBA (Finance and Control)
Master of Business Administration in Finance and Control is a two-year (four-semester) program leading to the award of MBA (Finance & Control) degree. This program aims at developing trained professionals who can handle the challenges in the area of finance in a complex business environment.
MBA-FC Eligibility Criteria
The age limit for admission into the course is 21 years.
Following are the admission requirements for the course:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of supervisory/managerial/professional experience OR
- Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law/Pharmacy OR
- Professional Qualifications in Accountancy/Cost and Works Accountancy/Company Secretaryship, etc. OR
- A Master’s degree in any subject.
Universities Offering MBA-FC Courses
There are just a handful number of institutes offering MBA in Finance and Control, such as:
- Lucknow University
- Himachal Pradesh University
- Pacific University
- Purvanchal University
- ChhatrapatiShahujiMaharaj University, Kanpur
MBA-FC Career Prospects
With globalization of Indian economy, organizations need professionals who understand international finance and international capital-market. On completion of this course one can find employment opportunities in a variety of fields like investment management; corporate finance & control; investment banking & financial services; international finance & risk management; etc.
A candidate can secure any of the following designations:
- Financial Analysts
- Risk and Insurance Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Budget Analysts
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Finance Executive
- Manager - Trade Finance Operations
- Core Banking/Retail Banking Associate
- Sr. Finance Analyst Finance Executive
- Executive Finance Operations Etc.