Career Options in Management
- The Indian job scene is thriving. And in the age of pre-placement offers setting in, the day has come when you can get a high paying job even before you step out of college.
- Money control gives you a lowdown on the career options that'll pay you the best.
- The most sought after career is MBA, one of the top-paying careers today. And if you're a student from an top institution such as the Indian Institutes of Management, easily expect Rs 7.5- 8lac per annum as a fresher.
- The entry-level salary is expected to go up even more. Also salaries differ according to the industry. "Today, the finance sector offers huge sums and has crossed the earlier darling of MBAs - the FMCG sector.
- Though salary matters but do not give more importance to compensation than your interest. Know your strengths and capability before deciding to work. Also, while the salary may not be attractive today but it could reach a new height tomorrow.
"For instance if you are employed in the hospitality industry the starting salary is no doubt low but in the long term it may grow three levels higher compared to anywhere else. Higher level of respect and designation are two other important things, you need to look for."
|Application Forms Now Available|
So what are the factors to consider?
- Before you make a choice analyze what is it that you would like to do?
According to our experts the choice of career should be on the basis of the following:
Step 1: Assess your capability, interest and personality either yourself or by visiting a career-counselor.
Step 2: Based on your interests make a list of careers keeping in mind your personality and abilities.
Step 3: Explore all the careers in your list. Do a detailed research on the job profiles, requirements, prospects, how to develop your career, a typical day in the life of the professional etc.
Step 4: Once you're done with the above, pick the one that suits you the most.
Management Career Options in India
- Accounting Management
- Biotech Management
- Business Management
- Cooperative Management
- Dairy Technology and Management
- Event Management
- Export Management
- Financial Management
- Foreign Trade
- Hotel Management
- Hospital Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Management
- Modern Office Management
- Personnel Management
- Retail Management
- Rural Management
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Tea Management
- Textile Management