Career in Sales Marketing Management
Globalization and liberalization have been attracting MNCs and Joint Ventures to India. This has created many opportunities in marketing management, a sector the main purpose of which is to create and retain valuable customers.
Sales Marketing Management Eligibility Criteria
Many universities offer sales marketing management courses,both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. For undergraduate level, universities ask for 10+2/Intermediate or equivalent qualification. Here, the universities may prefer aspirants with Maths/Commerce backgrounds.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Similarly for a postgraduate program like an MBA, an aspirant should possess a bachelor's degree (10+2+3 of pattern) in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50 % marks in aggregate.
In case of SC/ST/OBC the minimum mark can be 45%. Students are selected on the basis of an entrance examination. Most institutes conduct their own tests followed by group discussion.
Sales Marketing Management Skills & Attributes
An outgoing and friendly personality, the ability to handle people, to handle work-pressure, to handle deadlines and excellent communication and leadership skills are key to be an effective sales manager. He/she should be a great team player and a source of inspiration and motivation to subordinates.
Sales Marketing Management Job ProspectsSales and marketing is an all-pervasive field. With the era of liberalization, privatization, & globalization (LPG), numerous opportunities have been lined up for effective sales managers. Undoubtedly, this is a lucrative career option for those qualified in promoting sales of products and services.
Sales Marketing Management SalaryMarketing is among those professions where one can earn in lakhs too. Generally one can start with a salary of Rs.6000-Rs.10000 and can command a higher salary as the experiences increases, Generally MNCs and private companies pay higher to marketing professionals.
Sales Marketing Management Institutes/Universities
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)
- XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur
- ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calicut (IIM K - Kozhikode)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (JBIMS)
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (SPJIMR)
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Mumbai (Bombay)
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon (MDI)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS)
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIM B)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune (SIBM)
- Symbiosis Center for Management & Human Resources Development, Pune (SCMHRD)
- Institute of Management & Technology, Ghaziabad (IMT)
- International Management Institute, Delhi (IMI)
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy (BIM)
- Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi (IIFT)
- T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal (TAPMI)
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA)
- Institute of Management Development Research, Pune (IMDR)
- Jamia Millia University, New Delhi.
- Hamdard University, New Delhi
State Wise List of Management Institutes in India
For your reference we are giving you a state-wise list of management institutes in India. Please click on the links given below to find list of management institutes in that particular state/UT/city.
Sales Marketing Management Institutes in Major Cities
Management Institutes in Various States
|Application Forms Now Available|