Career in Textile Management
|Application Forms Now Available|
Today textile industry is not simply all about carpets, draperies and apparel but now has been evolved as a full-fledge industry.
The textile industry is a rapidly growing and needs skilled management graduates.The Indian textile Industry is the second largest employer of workers, whether directly or indirect. The country’s ethnic and cultural diversity with its wide variety of designs, costumes and apparel enrich the Indian textile garments industry.
Employment opportunities in textile management include management trainee programs that can ultimately lead to plant or corporate management. Other career options include technical sales, industrial engineering, product development, marketing, customer relations, human resources, and cost and inventory control.
Textile Management Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma In Textile Management (Full Time - 2 Years)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Apparel Management (Full Time - 2 Years)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Home Textile Management (Full Time - 1 Year)
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar, Punjab
- Undergraduate Programme on Textile Technology,
- Postgraduate Programme (M.Tech) in Textile engineering and Management,
- M.Tech, Postgraduate Diploma in Garment Manufacturing Technology,
- Phd. D Programme.
Central Institute of Management Studies (CIIMS) Raipur
- Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management (PGDTM)
- MBA (Textile Management)
Textile Management Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility for Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Apparel Management is degree in any discipline (Preference for Textiles graduates) is required. For Non Engineering / Non textiles graduates, two years of work experience in textiles related industry is required.
- For Post graduate diploma in home textile management, diploma in Textiles Technology / Handloom Technology / other textiles related subjects (or) Degree in textiles related subjects (or) any other degree with two years of work experience in textiles related industry is required.
- Selection to the above courses is generally made on the basis of MAT Score / SVPITM Entrance Exam followed by G.D, & Personal Interview.
Textile Management Career ProspectsTextile management graduates and diploma holders find employment in various textile manufacturing units, company outlets and textile showrooms. One can start with his/her careers with a salary of Rs.6000-Rs.10000.
This field has ample opportunities for creative and talented professionals.
Usually, textile management salarydoubles after 2-3 years of industrial experience.
Textile Management Institutes/Universities
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Institute of Textile Management
1483, Avanashi Road, Peelamedu
Coimbatore - 641 004,Tamil Nadu
Phone : 0422 - 2571675/2592205/2570855
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.svpitm.ac.in
- Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology
Phone : +91-181-2690301, 2690302, 2690453, 2690603
Fax : +91-0181-2690320, 2690932
Website : www.nitj.ac.in
Management Institutes in Major Cities
Management Institutes in Various States