CBSE Class 12 History Preparation Tips, Topics, Notes
What is History?
The dictionary defines history as:
A chronological record of significant events (as affecting a nation or institution) often including an explanation of their causes
a branch of knowledge that records and explains past events.
|Application Forms Now Available|
A: events that form the subject matter of a history
B: events of the past
The CBSE Class 12 syllabus for History focuses on recording and explaining past events.
Important Topics: CBSE Class 12 History Exam
- Themes in Indian History: Part I
- Themes in Indian History: Part II
- Themes in Indian History: Part III
- Map Work
Important Topics (Marks-wise): CBSE Class 12 History Exam
|Themes in Indian History - Part III||35 marks|
|Themes in Indian History - Part II||30 marks|
|Themes in Indian History - Part I||25 marks|
|Other Marks||10 marks|
Though these are the marking trends, you should devote equal time to each section.
Study Tips: CBSE Class 12 History Exam
- Try to know why an event is important, its implications on the society and the future. You are usually expected to know why an event is important. This is why history tests contain so many essay or long-answer questions.
- In order to make history more satisfying, you must put in hard work and effort. You must have a general sense of the study material.
- History text books are heavy, both, length wise and coverage wise. Follow books that make an attempt to balance length with coverage.
- Learn to cross-reference. If you read about places, words, people or things that you are not familiar with, then you should make notes of these words or phrases and look them up over the internet or an encyclopedia.
- When you read through your books or your notes, not down the names, places and dates, and keep a chart or an outline that will put them in an order that makes sense to you.
- The best way to learn about land formations is to draw the map yourself. This way you can better learn the boundaries that surround the area you are investigating.
Tips for scoring well in CBSE History exam for Class 12
- Refer to concrete points of historical time. There's nothing quite so frustrating for an instructor than to read an essay in which five centuries of human endeavor have been jumbled together as if all history took place yesterday. If you know specific dates, use them.
- Before you start the exam, utilize the first 15 minutes to scan the paper. Read the question paper thoroughly before jumping to write the answers.
- Among the questions with internal choices, select the ones that you plan to attempt, and frame skeletons of the answers you are going to write for these questions.
- Follow a pattern. For example, in case you start with long answer questions, complete that section and only then move to short or very short answer section.
- Highlight the important points and write your answer in points to enhance visibility.
Recommended NCERT Books
NCERT books are the best source for CBSE exams.
Themes in Indian History Part I - Rs. 60.00
Themes in Indian History Part II - Rs. 70.00
Themes in Indian History Part III - Rs. 85.00
For more information on which books to follow, please Click Here.