CBSE Class 12 Informatics Practices Preparation Tips, Notes
What is Informatics Practice?
Informatics Practices is a course to get acquainted with computer terminologies and operation handling.
The aim of the subject is to make a student:
- Understand the application development process.
- Gain programming skills in front-end application development
- Gain skills in Database Creation and querying using ANSI SQL.
- Design, program and develop database driven web applications using GUI Programming Tool and RDBMS.
- Understand and appreciate open source and open standard concepts.
Important Topics: CBSE Class 12 exam for Informatics Practices
- Relational Database Management System
- Networking and open standards
- IT Application
Marks allocation to these topics is as follows:
|Regional Database Management System||30 marks|
|Networking and Open Standards||10 marks|
|IT Application||5 marks|
Tips to prepare well for Class 12 CBSE exam for Informatics Practices
- Make notes of all the theory related topics and know the definitions of terms like co-axial cables, LAN, WAN, MAN and PAN.
- Practice questions related to all functions. Know what each function does. For example, length () function returns the length of the
- Prepare the unit on DBMS well. It is easy and is worth 30 marks. Know how each and every query affects the output. Know the function of all queries.
- To master HTML, make HTML pages on your own.
How to score well in CBSE Class 12 exam for Informatics Practices
- Before you start the exam, utilize the first 15 minutes to scan the paper. Read the question paper thoroughly before jumping to write the answers.
- Among the questions with internal choices, select the ones that you plan to attempt, and frame skeletons of the answers you are going to write for these questions.
- Follow a pattern. For example, in case you start with long answer questions, complete that section and only then move to short or very short answer section.
- Highlight the important points and write your answer in points to enhance visibility.
- Substantiate your answer with an example. For example, in a question where you have been asked to define concat() function, give an example for the same.
CBSE Class 12 Informatics Practices Books
- Informatics Practices by Sumita Arora is a good book. It has good theoretical concepts and substantiates them with ample practical example.
- CBSE Sample papers: You can download the papers from the official website. The sample papers provided by the CBSE are as close to the real exam as it gets.