CBSE Computer Science Class 12 Preparation Tips
What is C++
C++ is a computer programming language. The importance of c as a subject can not be stated enough. Operating systems like windows XP have been designed using C language (a primitive version of C++ ). C is one of the basic languages that a budding software engineer must know. It lays the foundation stone for a student who wants to learn more computer languages.
- Introduction to C++
- C++ Programming
- Computer Fundamentals
Important topics by marks
- C++ programming – 35 marks
- Introduction to C++ - 15 marks
- Computer fundamentals and programming methodology – 10 marks each
Tips for preparation
- The only real way to learn a programming language is by writing codes.
- Begin by coding simple programmes provided by any good textbook, run these, and debug them if they don't work.
- As soon as you feel confident, write your own programmes, like simple math, adding 2 2 together. Then, work in input statements "input a, input b:" and add those together. Then, work on a loop to make the program repeat and also to repeat until the user gives a command to exit the loop.
- Debug, comment, and think of more elegant ways of doing the same tasks.
- Then get into files, and reading in information.
- With the Open Source movement, you have a wealth of projects. Make use of these projects and try and understand these projects. You will also gain familiarity with some tools like version control and IDEs
- Go through the papers. Also, have a look at the answers and the marking scheme provided, as no other source can give you a better judgment than the one provided by CBSE. Take as many practice tests as possible. Refer to books like U-LIKE Sample papers to supplement you test-taking preparations.
How to score well
- Before you start the exam, utilize the first 15 minutes to scan the paper. Read the question paper thoroughly before jumping to write the answers.
- Among the questions with internal choices, select the ones that you plan to attempt, and frame skeletons of the answers you are going to write for these questions.
- Follow a pattern. For example, in case you start with long answer questions, complete that section and only then move to short or very short answer section.
- During the exam, try to substantiate your answers with a small programme for better understanding.
- Highlight the important points and write your answer in points to enhance visibility.
Recommended NCERT books
- Dhanpat Rai Textbook for Class 12, Computer Science C++ by Sumita Arora is one of the best books available in the market for class 12. It gives ample theoretical and practical knowledge to a budding software engineer.
- C++ fundamentals by E. Balaguruswamy is a book with plenty of theoretical knowledge and a few illustrations for each topic. The language is very simple.