How To Score Good Marks In Physics Class 12 CBSE
What is Physics?
Physics is the scientific study of energy and matter and their interaction with each other. The energy can take the form of motion, light, electricity, radiation or even gravity. Physics deals with matter on scales ranging from sub-atomic particles like photons and bosons, to stars entire galaxies.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Some of the topics taught in Physics in Class 12 are:
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Atoms and nuclei
- Dual nature of matter
Some of the important topics in Physics, for class 12 CBSE exams are:
- Optics – The unit is for 14 marks in the examination
- Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetic effects of current for 8 marks each.
- Electromagnetic Induction and alternating current and current electricity for 8 marks and 7 marks respectively.
- Electronic Devices is for 7 marks while atoms and nuclei is for 6 marks
Tips for preparation
- Go through our NCERT book. It is the most important book for Physics board exam of class 12. All topics in the syllabus for the exam are covered in the NCERT book.
- Go through the book extensively and ask your teacher or a friend for help, in case you have any doubt in any topic.
- Refer a supplementary book like Haliday-Resnick-Walker only if you do not understand a certain concept from the NCERT book and to practice more numerical problems.
- Make a complete list of derivations, formulae and experiments in your syllabus and keep that list handy.
- While solving a derivation, try and comprehend the logic behind the derivations
- Revise the concepts regularly.
- If you do not like the numerical part, start early! Get used to the numerical part. Solve each and every numerical in the NCERT book (both, solved and unsolved) and, also refer a supplementary book. A Physics paper without a numerical is like a comb without teeth.
- Do not forget to mention the S.I units (if any) of all physical entities.
- After you finish your syllabus, solve questions from CBSE sample papers and books like U-Like Sample papers in Physics in a timed environment.
Tips for scoring good marks
- During the exam, try to write your descriptive answers in points and give pictorial or graphical illustrations wherever possible. It enhances visibility.
- Scan the paper before answering
- For long answer type questions, before starting, frame a skeleton of the answer in the margin.
- Be crisp and to the point in very short questions.
Recommended NCERT Books
- NCERT books for physics are a must buy. Physics part 1 for Rs 120 and Physics part 2 for Rs 100 cover everything in the syllabus. They are the “official” books for the subject.
- Modern abc of physics by Satish K. Gupta. A little on the steep side, it costs Rs 690, but covers everything in great depth, including the numerical parts.
- CBSE Sample papers: You can download the papers from the official website. The sample papers provided by the CBSE are as close to the real exam as it gets.