CISCE ISC Accounts Preparation Tips
What is Accountancy?
Accountancy is the art of communicating financial information about a business entity to users such as shareholders and managers. It is a numerical based subject and you need to have good command over ledgers, debiting and crediting balance sheets and even journal entities.
With respect to Senior Secondary Stage, an ever changing economic scenario and business environment in a state elementary business education along with accountancy as the language of business and as a source of financial information has carved out a place for itself.
- Inventory Valuation
- Cost Sheet
- Joint Venture
- Partnership Accounts
- Cash Flow Statement and Ratio Analysis
- Know the basics, like, ledger posting and debit and credit balances.
- Make flashcards to remember the definitions of the new terms you come across, like assets, debts, liabilities, profit and loss. Read these flashcards on your way to school, before dinner or even between lectures.
- Never leave work for later. Accounting is a cumulative subject. This means that it builds on the previous concepts taught. You can not start from chapter 6, without working through chapters one to five, the more you keep delaying it, the work will keep piling up.
- Whenever you don’t feel like solving the numerical part, read the summary given at the end of the chapters or go through the flash cards.
- After you finish your syllabus, revise as many times as possible.
- Once you are through with your syllabus, move to paper solving, so as to accustom yourself to the test taking environment. Solve the sample papers given by the CISCE.
How to score well
- Before you start the exam, utilize the first 15 minutes to scan the paper. Read the question paper thoroughly before jumping to write the answers.
- Among the questions with internal choices, select the ones that you plan to attempt, and frame skeletons of the answers you are going to write for these questions.
- Follow a pattern. For example, in case you start with long answer questions, complete that section and only then move to short or very short answer section.
- Highlight the important points and write your answer in points to enhance visibility.
- TMH Accountancy for class 12 by V.K Goel, priced at RS 225, the book aims to provide a detailed coverage of the subject. A simple and systematic explanation of the concepts is supported by a lot of practical and numerical problems. The book boasts of solved illustrations, practice exercises with hints, chapter-end summary and even objective questions.
- CISCE Sample papers: You can download the papers from the official website. The sample papers provided by the CISCE are as close to the real exam as it gets.
To know more about the books to follow, click here
|Application Forms Now Available|