ISC Business Studies - Preparation Tips
What is Business Studies?
Business is a dynamic process that brings together technology, human ability and natural resources in a regularly evolving business environment. To understand the framework in which a business operates, you need to know about the organisation and management of business processes and its interaction with the environment is required. Business studies, as a subject, provides a way of looking at and interacting with the business environment. It recognizes the fact that business influences and is influenced by social, political, legal and economic forces.
Some of the topics that are taught in Business Studies in Class 12 are:
- Office Communication
Tips for Preparation
- Follow your text book.
- Try and visualize concepts and then recall them later.
- Solve each and every question given at the end of the chapter.
- Make notes, highlight and if you don’t mind making notes in your book, then you can even summarize the page in the margins. This will help you recollect important points just before the exam.
- Once you are through with your syllabus, move to paper solving, so as to accustom yourself to the test taking environment. Solve the sample papers given by the CISCE.
- To tackle questions that deal with higher order skills, read as many case studies as possible, and start analyzing topics.
How to score well
- Before you start the exam, utilize the first 15 minutes to scan the paper. Read the question paper thoroughly before jumping to write the answers.
- Among the questions with internal choices, select the ones that you plan to attempt, and frame skeletons of the answers you are going to write for these questions.
- Follow a pattern. For example, in case you start with long answer questions, complete that section and only then move to short or very short answer section.
- Highlight the important points and write your answer in points to enhance visibility.
- Business Studies by C.B Gupta: priced at Rs 121, the popular and widely read book enables the students to understand the dynamics and nuances of business and appreciate its economics and social significance.
- CISCE Sample papers: You can download the papers from the official website. The sample papers provided by the CISCE are as close to the real exam as it gets.
To know more about the books to follow, click here