SSC Combined Matric Level Main Exam
The Staff Selection Commission invites all the qualified candidates of Combined Matric Level Preliminary Exam to appear in the Combined Matric Level Main Exam. The nationality, age, qualifications are same as mentioned in Preliminary Examination details.
SSC Combined Matric Level Main Exam Pattern
a) Main Examination for Grade 'C' Stenographers (Conventional Type)
|Part-A||General English||100||2 hours||10.00 AM|
|Paper-II||Essay (Hindi/English)||100||2 hours||2.00 PM|
Skill Test: Stenography skill test: 100 words per minute - 300 marks
(Stenography Test will be conducted later for those candidates who qualify in the Main Examination)
Note: - The candidates who opt for Hindi/English in General Studies and Essay will have to take the skill test in Hindi/English as the case may be.
SSC Combined Matric Level Main Exam Syllabus
Syllabus For Clerks
General English: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English language and its correct usage, his writing ability would also be tested; questions on paragraph writing/report writing/letter writing etc. may be included.
General Studies: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
SSC Combined Matric Level Main Steno Test
For Grade 'D' Stenographers: Shorthand Test in Hindi or in English 300 Marks for those who qualify at the Main Examination.
Scheme of Shorthand Test: The candidate will be given one dictation test in English or in Hindi at the speed of 80 words per minute for 10 minutes. The candidates who opt to take the shorthand test in English will be required to transcribe the matter in 65 minutes and the candidates who opt to take the test in Hindi will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes.
SSC Combined Matric Level Main Typing Test
The candidates who qualify the Main Examination(s) will have to undergo a typewriting test/Stenography test as the case may be. Details of the typewriting test/stenography test are as below:
Typewriting Test is a qualifying test only.
- Only those candidates who qualify in the Main Examination and attain minimum qualifying marks at the Main Examination as may be fixed by the commission in their discretion, will be eligible to take the typewriting test, i.e. Part-III of the Examination.
- Candidates are allowed to take the typewriting test either in Hindi (Devanagri Script) or in English.
- Candidates shall have to bring their own typewriter for the test. Use of electronic typewriter is not allowed in typewriting test.
- Only those candidates who secure in the written (Main) Examination such minimum qualifying marks as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion will be eligible to be considered for appearing in the Typewriting Test and only such of them as qualify at the Typewriting Test at the prescribed speed will be eligible for being recommended for appointment upto the number of vacancies available. The typewriting test will be a qualifying test only.
- The typewriting test will consist of one paper of running matter of 10 minutes duration.
SSC Matric Level Main Exam Contact Details
Staff Selection Commission
Department of Personnel and Training
Ministry of Personnel,
Public Grievances & Pensions
Block No. 12, Kendriya Karyalay Parisar,
Lodi Road New Delhi-110003
Tele: +91-11- 24360619
Website : www.ssc.nic.in