UPSC Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Exam 2017
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) New Delhi conducts a Written Examination for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants (AC) (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) of India. This CAPF AC exam is for the following services within the CAPF:
- Border Security Force (BSF) - 28
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) - 65
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) - 23
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) - 63
- Total - 179
The examination is held in accordance with the Rules for the Examination published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India.
The UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2020 is scheduled to be held on 9th August, 2020.
- Nationality: No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing, be appointed or employed under the present rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrollment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
- Sex: For the position of Assistant Commandants in CRPF both Male and Female candidates are eligible.
- Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2017.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or posses an equivalent qualification. Candidates appearing in the degree exam are allowed to appear at the exam but are required to submit proof of passing along with the Detailed Application Forms which are to be submitted after qualifying the written test, medical standards test and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Physical Standards: All the candidates appearing for CAPF Assistant Commandants (AC) exam should meet the physical and medical standards as set forth by the UPSC.
|Application Forms Now Available|