Geologists' Exam: Preparation Tips
We have compiled some preparation tips to help you prepare better for the Geologists' Exam conducted by the UPSC.
- Read a lot of books and articles for the preparation of General English, and give special attention to grammar, so that you do not make mistakes while answering questions.
- Reading English newspapers, news channels, and browsing through vocabulary websites will definitely improve your English comprehension skills and help you do better in the General English paper.
- Practice writing essays on various topics to hone your writing skills.
- Be thorough in your area of specialization (Geology and/ or hydrogeology) as it will not only help you in clearing the examination, but it will also benefit you during your service tenure.
- Make sure that you cover all the topics listed in the syllabus of the exam.
- Update yourself on a regular basis regarding the new changes and initiatives in your area of specialization - this may help you in your personal interview.
Tips to write the exam
1. Make sure that your handwriting is legible and easy to read. Marks may be deducted for messy handwriting.
2. No marks will be given for superficial knowledge, so please ensure that your answers are orderly, to-the-point and answer all that is being asked.
3. Use only the international form of Indian numerals (ie. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.) while answering the paper.
|Application Forms Now Available|