The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) provides the students the ease of filling up a single application form to get admission to any of the 16 participating law institutes' under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M).
According to the MoU, the Common Law Admission Test would be conducted by each of the National Law Schools on rotation as per the criterion of seniority.
The 16 participating Law Schools for CLAT at present are:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli
- Damodaran Sanjeevaiya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
CLAT 2017 Exam Dates
CLAT 2017 is being organised & conducted by Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
CLAT 2017 convener and Vice Chancellor of RMLNLU, Prof. Gurdip Singh has announced the dates for CLAT 2017 dates:
- Date of CLAT 2017 Examination - 14 May 2017, from 3 pm to 5 pm
For detailed calendar of CLAT 2017, about admit card schedule etc., please visit CLAT 2017 exam schedule page.
CLAT 2017 Eligibility For Undergraduate Program
Eligibility for Under-Graduate Law Courses
To be eligible to appear in CLAT 2017, you should:
- Have a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognised board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates)
- Be below 20 years of age as on 1st July 2017 (22 years in case of SC and ST candidates).* No upper age limit (as per orders from Allahabad High Court, please refer notice from CLAT officials)
Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for CLAT 2017. However, such candidates are required to have passed the qualifying examination at the time of their admission and must be able to submit proofs in support of their claims.
* Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.
Eligibility for Post-Graduate Law Courses
To be eligible for appearing in CLAT-2017, you should have obtained a LL. B/B. L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC and ST candidates).*
The candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through supplementary/ compartment and repeat attempts are also eligible for appearing in the test and taking admission provided that such candidates will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with fifty-five/fifty percent marks, as the case may be, on the date of their admission or within the time allowed by the respective universities.
The candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test. **
* Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.
** The candidate must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission. Such candidates will be provided provisional admission only and they will have to submit their final results of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective Universities/Institutes.
CLAT 2017 application form
Online applications will be accepted, by making a payment of Rs.4000 only (Rs.3500 in case of SC/ST candidates on submission of proof) excluding the bank charges.
The online payment for applying for CLAT-2017 can be made through net-banking, debit card, credit card, etc. In case of online application, the candidates will have to bear the additional transaction costs for remitting the fees online through payment gateways.
Online application for CLAT 2017 will be active from 1 January - 31 March, 2017. There won't be any hard copies of CLAT 2017 application forms or information brochure.
CLAT 2017 exam pattern
CLAT 2017 is all India entrance examination for admission into NLU's LL.B. and LL.M. programs. For detailed entrance exam pattern Click Here.
CLAT 2017 Exam Centres
CLAT 2017 testing venues would be located in 42 cities across India. Check which is the location closest to you: CLAT 2017 test cities
CLAT Question Papers
Download Previous Years' CLAT Question Papers, Sample Papers, Mock Test Papers, Click Here.
CLAT 2017 Preparation Books
Preparing for CLAT 2017 entrance exam is obvious choice for law aspirants. Ypur success shall depend on various factors of which most important is your preparation for this law entrance exam. Click Here to know more about help books which you can refer for CLAT 2017 preparation.
CLAT 2017 Results
CLAT 2017 result date here: CLAT results
CLAT 2017 QnA
Have a question related to CLAT 2017? Ask our experts in QnA, Click Here.
CLAT Contact Details
Common Law Admission Test, CLAT 2017
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
Sec- D1, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme
Lucknow – 226012, Uttar Pradesh, India
Admin: 0522-24 25 902, 903
Vice Chancellor: 0522-24 22 855
Tele Fax: 0522-24 22 841
CLAT Website: www.clat.ac.in
- CLAT 2017 QnA
- CLAT 2017 Exam Dates
- CLAT 2017 Results
- CLAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- CLAT 2017 Books
- CLAT Question Papers
Important Law Entrance Exams in India
- AIBE : All India Bar Exam
- ALS : Amity Law School
- CLAT : Common Law Admission Test
- DU Faculty of Law : Delhi University Faculty of Law
- GLC Mumbai : Government Law College Mumbai
- ILS Pune : Indian Law Society Pune
- QLTT : Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test
- SSLC Pune : Symbiosis Society's Law College Pune
- TNDALU Chennai : Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University Chennai