CLAT 2017 Preparation Tips
CLAT 2017 (Common Law Admission Test) is the gateway to top law universities in India and it is time to get ahead in the race with a proper preparation strategy.
- Before you start, try to get hold of all the CLAT sample papers/ previous years' question papers and start practising. In this way you will have three-fold benefit. The more questions you answer, you will realize the probability of re-occurrence. At the initial stage of preparation, you can also evaluate yourself and find out the exact time you need to answer the questions. Solving sample papers will also help you to identify the weak areas and you can combat them. Director of CrackCLAT, Rajendra Khadav is of the opinion that solving papers from the past years can be most beneficial. The difficulty level of the papers has been moderate, and practising more will help the students to get a grip on the subjects and exam patterns.
- This year, CLAT 2017 is going to be an online test and as this is a first time, law aspirants should get used to the online environment and take as many computer-based mock tests as possible (indiabix.com is a good source). Many students feel that an online test is better in many ways, as there are less hassles in administering the exams. The online method is definitely neater and easy to manage. Students also feel that online examinations are better as they can edit their answers as many times as possible. Hence it is less messy and students are prone to make mistakes. The major disadvantage that one may face is that the entire question paper can't be scanned in one go (as only 1 question appears on the screen at a time.) Let this not worry you as the rest of your competitors will also be sailing in the same boat and would be facing the same issue!
- Most experts feel that individual students should have their own preparation strategies as per their capability and dedication. They advise students to start early.
- Students in their 12th standard should make it a habit to read about current affairs regularly, and if possible they should also read more about legal updates.
- One of the CLAT preparation tips given by the experts is that students should try to improve their vocabulary. Reading English dailies like the Hindu and the Indian Express helps you to increase both vocabulary and general knowledge.
- Students should also think of proper time management. It is best to devise a strategy, like how much time you need to devote each section and stick to it till the end. Many students and toppers of previous years, feel that a structured approach to study can help. Coaching classes are often useful, as students get to sit for mock tests where they can evaluate themselves before going for the final run. Coaching centres often tell you the best possible ways to increase your knowledge in the general and legal domain. (Also read: Top Law Coaching Institutes in India)
- A lot of experts feel that the legal aptitude section is a crucial section and students might need extra help in that area. In any situation, if there is a tie of marks between two students, the committee will give the higher rank to the student who scores more in that section. For Mathematics, one can just brush up their basic mathematics skills by picking up one standard book. For legal aptitude and logical reasoning, students should read books recommended by their teachers, which are mostly competitive examination books. (Also read: CLAT preparation books) Coaching centres will obviously help with their own set of study materials.
|Application Forms Now Available|
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!