Annamalai University Distance Education
Annamalai University was established in 1928 by Dr. Rajah Sir Annamalai Chettiar of Chettinad who was a great visionary and philanthropist having great desire towards the development of education in the state.
The University first started with only seven departments in 1929 has, over the last 75 years, developed into a mighty institution of higher learning with nearly 48 Departments, in all 9 Faculties. This is one of the very few institutions in India with all the Faculties located in the same campus.
The University has well equipped Central Library and Laboratories providing very good facilities for taking up research projects, for Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral work. Several Research Projects have been undertaken by various Faculties funded by several agencies including the State and Central Governments.
The university has the distinction of providing more than 380 courses under distance mode. The varsity has been consistently expanding both in terms of infrastructure and academic programs.
Annamalai University DDE
The Directorate of Distance Education (DDE), Annamalai University came into existence in 1979. The DDE aims at offering education to those people who are unable to attend the campus on regular basis for some reasons and have desire to pursue their further studies with keenness.
Over the years the directorate has been providing several courses of study under regular program. At present, it runs three hundred and eighty-one different programs of study with the record number of enrollments in India.
Courses offered in distance education:
Annamalai University offers courses in Agriculture, Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Marine sciences etc. They provide UG as well as PG courses in medical and Pharmacy streams too. Apart from these, they provide courses in M. Phil and offers Ph.D.s too.
Admission to this university is accessible to anyone with a valid qualification for the stream he/ she is applying for. The process is as follows:
- You can view the application form from the official site of the university. http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/
- Register with an Email ID and password of your choice.
- Make the payment of the prescribed amount using Internet banking or Credit card or a DD in the name of "The Registrar, Annamalai University” from any Nationalised Bank, payable at Chennai.
- Fill in your details in the online form and cross check the details
- Take a print of the application form and send it to "THE REGISTRAR, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002. Cuddalore District. Tamil Nadu State."
Directorate of Distance Education