Education Loan from Allahabad Bank
Allahabad Education Loan Scheme
Allahabad Bank offers loans to meritorious students who have secured admission in recognized institutes in India or abroad.
(a) Student eligibility:
Student be an Indian National
Secured admission to professional/ technical courses in India or Abroad through Entrance Test / Merit based Selection process.
(b) Courses Eligible:
Studies in India
- Graduation Courses- B.A, B.COM, B.Sc. etc.
- Post Graduation Courses: Masters Courses, Ph D, etc.
- Professional Courses: Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computeretc.
- Computer Certificate Courses of reputed Institutes accredited to Department of Electronics or Institutes affiliated to University.
- Courses like- ICWA, CA, CFA etc.
- Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI, NIFT etc.
- Regular Degree/ Diploma courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/ Shipping, if the course pursued abroad, the Institute should be recognised by the competent local aviation/ shipping authority.
- Courses offered in India by reputed foreign universities.
- Evening Courses of approved Institutes.
- Other Courses leading to diploma/degree etc conducted by the Colleges/ Universities approved by UGC/Govt/AICTE/AIBMS/ICMR etc.
- Graduation: For Job oriented professional/technical courses offered by reputed Universities.
- Post Graduation: MCA, MBA, MS etc.
- Courses conducted by CIMA London, CPA in USA etc.
- Regular Degree/ Diploma courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., the Institute should be recognised by the competent local aviation/ shipping authority.
Quantum of Loan:
- Need based finance subject to repaying capacity of the parents / students with following ceilings:
- Studies in India: Maximum Rs 20 lacs
- Studies abroad: Maximum Rs. 50 lacs.
Expenses Considered for Loan
- Fee payable to College / School /Hostel
- Examination/Library/Laboratory Fee
- Purchase of Books / Equipments/ Instruments/ Uniforms.
- Caution Deposit/ Building Fund/ Refundable Deposit supported by Bills/Receipts of the Institution, subject to the conditions that amount does not exceed 10% of the total tuition fees for the entire course.
- Travel Expenses/Passage Money for studies abroad.
- Purchase of Computers essential for completion of the course.
- Insurance premium for student borrower.
- Any other expenses required to complete the course, such as- Study Tours, Project Work, and Thesis etc.
Read: SBI education loans
- For loan upto Rs 4.00 lacs: NIL
- For loan above Rs 4.00 lacs:
(i) Studies in India: 5%
(ii) Studies abroad: 15%
- Scholarship / Assistantship to be included in Margin.
- Margin Money to be brought on year-to-year basis and disbursements are made on a pro-rata basis.
Application of Interest:
Simple interest during moratorium period.
Service interest during moratorium period regularly and avail a special discount of 1.00% in interest rate.
Repayment Holiday / Moratorium is Course Period + 1 year or 6 months after getting job, whichever is earlier.
Loan to be repaid within a maximum period of 7 years after commencement of repayment.
Read: Education loans in India
For loan upto Rs 4.00 lacs: No collateral security is required. co-obligation* required For loan above Rs 4.00 lacs and upto Rs 7.50 lacs: Satisfactory third party guarantee & Co-obligation* required.
For loan above Rs 7.50 lacs: (a) Co-obligation * of parents/ guardian together with tangible collateral security of suitable value covering full loan amount, alongwith the assignment of future income of the student for payment of installments.
*(The loan documents would be executed by both the student and the parent/ guardian as joint-borrower i.e. co-obligator. The co-obligation should be parent / guardian of the student borrower. In case of married person, co-obligator can be either spouse or the parent(s)/ parents-in-law.)
Processing Fees/ Documentation Charge:
For studies in India
For loan amount above Rs.10.00 Lac -- 0.15%, maximum of Rs.3000/-
For studies abroad
For loan amount above Rs.20.00 Lac -- 0.10%, maximum of Rs.5000/-