Annamalai University Seat Reservation
Seat Allocation of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Full Time of Annamalai University is given below.
The total available seats for AU BE Full Time degree program are 706 at present. The seat distribution is as follows.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Open Competition 31%
- Backward Class 30%
- Most Backward Class 20%
- Scheduled Caste 18%
- Scheduled Tribe 1%
Among the above reservations, 3% seats have been included for disabled persons laid down by the Government.
- Twenty one seats are reserved on the request of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Education) for
- Foreign students,
- Students from Indian States and Union Territories lacking facilities, and
- Sons and wards of India-based staff posted abroad etc.
- Two seats are reserved for sons and daughters of defence personnel selected by Kendriya Sainik Board, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Eighty one seats are reserved for the following groups
- Thirty six seats are reserved for candidates with proficiency in sports and games. These candidates should have distinguished themselves as outstanding sportsmen / players representing the Nation, State, Universities and Districts and they should produce evidence to show that they have distinguished themselves in sports and games.
- Three seats are reserved for candidates who are physically handicapped, provided the handicap is not such as would render them unable to pursue the programme; a certificate from an authorised Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be furnished. Myopia will not be considered as a handicap.
- Thirty three seats are reserved for candidates who are children / nominees of those who have notably contributed to the development of Muthamizh (Iyal, Isai and Nadagam). They should produce certificates from competent people who have highly distinguished themselves in the respective fields.
- Three seats are reserved for candidates who are either the grand-sons or grand-daughters of freedom fighters. They should produce certificates to this effect given by a Revenue Official not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
- Three seats are reserved for candidates who are the sons and daughters of ex-servicemen / servicing personnel in defence forces belonging to Tamil Nadu. Certificates are to be produced from appropriate authorities in the Armed Forces or from any Officer concerned who is Grade A or B in State / Central Service.