CIPET JEE (Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology - Joint Entrance Exam)
The Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET) is an ISO 9001:2009 QMS, NABL, ISO/IEC 17020 accredited premier national institution that is dedicated to Academic, Technology Support and Research (ATR) activities for the increased interest and growth of Polymers and allied industries in India. CIPET operates on the hub-and-spokes model, and has 23 locations across the Indian subcontinent.
The Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET) conducts the CIPET Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) to provide admission to selected eligible candidates for different programmes for Diploma, Post-Graduate Master of Science (M.Sc.), Post Graduate Master of Engineering (M.E.). Post Graduate Master of Technology (M.Tech), Integrated Post Graduate Master of Science (Technology), Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), and Ph.D courses.
All CIPET centers are equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities in areas involving design, CAD/CAM/CAE programs, Tooling & Mould Manufacturing, Plastics Processing, Testing and Quality Control. This is so as to cater to the industry requirements and needs of the Polymer and allied industries in India..
- DPT (Diploma in Plastics Technology) 3 years
- DPMT (Diploma in Plastics Mould Technology) 3 years
- PD-PMD with CAD/CAM (Post Diploma in Plastics Mould Design with CAD/CAM) 1.5 years
- PGD-PPT (Postgraduate Diploma in Plastics Processing & Testing) 1.5 years
Postgraduate Degree Programs
- M.E./M.Tech in Plastics Engineering/Technology
- M.Tech in Polymer Nano Technology
- M.E. in CAD/CAM
- M.Sc.Tech (Material Science & Engineering)
- M.Sc. in Polymer Science
- M.Sc. in Bio-Polymer Science
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- B.E./B.Tech in Plastics Engineering/Technology
- B.E./B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering/Technology
- Ph.D in Polymer Science & Technology
- Ph.D in Material Science
- Ph.D in Plastics Engineering
Short Term Programmes
- Entrepreneurial Development Programs
- Government Sponsored Programs
- Modular Programs
- Skill & Technology Upgradation Programs for Industry
- Tailor-made Courses
- Training for Overseas Nationals
The following are some universities that CIPET is affiliated to:
- Anna University, Chennai
- Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela, Bhubaneswar
- Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), Kochi
- Gautam Budh Technical University, Lucknow
- Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- You should have finished 10th grade with Mathematics, Science and English as core subjects and must be less than 20 years of age for the Diploma in Plastics Technology/Plastics Mould Technology.
- You should have competed a three year Diploma course in Mechanical/Plastics Technology/Tool/Production Engineering, Mechatronics, Automobile Engineering, Tool & Die Making, DPMT/DPT (CIPET or an equivalent and should be less than 25 years of age if you are applying for the Post Diploma in Plastics Mould Design with CAD/CAM.
- You should have done a three year degree in Science with Chemistry as one of your core subjects if you are applying for the Postgraduate Diploma in Plastics Processing & Testing. You should also be less than 25 years of age.
- You should have done a B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc. Engg of four years duration in Mechanical/Chemical/Production/Polymer/Plastics Engineering/ Technology of an M.Sc in Polymer Science/Chemistry with specialization in Polymer if you are planning to apply for the M.E/M.Tech in Plastics Engineering/Technology. Those with this background and a valid GATE score can apply to the M.Tech in Polymer Nano-Technology.
- CIPET reserves a quota for SC/ST, OBC (NCL) candidates and for the differently abled candidates as per the norms stated by the Government of India. If you are applying and belong to the SC/ST category and are from the North Eastern part of India, the age limit is relaxable by five years for all the categories of courses, that is Diploma/ Post Diploma/ Post Graduate Diploma Program.
- To apply for the M.E in CAD/CAM, you should have completed a B.E./B.Tech in Mechanical/Automobile/Manufacturing/Production/Industrial/Mechatronics/marine/Aeronautical.
- To apply for the M.Sc.Tech in Material Science and Engineering, you should not be more than 21 years of age, and you should have the basic Higher Secondary/ 10+2 level with Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- If M.Sc in Polymer Science is what you are aiming for, you should have completed a B.Sc degree in a science, with Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry/Polymer Science/Applied Chemistry/Industrial Polymer Chemistry as one of the major subjects.
- If M.Sc. in Bio-Polymer Science is your aim, you should be a B.Sc. graduate in any stream, but with Chemistry as one of your main subjects. You should have passed the qualifying examination with minimum 50% marks overall in the main and subsidiary subjects put together.
- For the B.E./B.Tech in Plastics Engineering/Technology or Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, you must have passed the basic 10+2 system with Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics as your core subjects. You should also not be more than 21 years of age.
The selection process depends on your score in the CIPET JEE 2014. The admission for courses provided by the affiliated universities depend upon the admission procedure for the respective universities individually.
- The selection for CIPET Programmes is based on academic record and the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination.
- The selection for the PG Programme is based on selection through the respective affiliating University norms or through CIPET JEE.
- Admission into UG Programmes will be through the respective affiliating University as per their norms.
Students of the courses of CIPET Diploma, Post Diploma, and Postgraduate Diploma are eligible for scholarships that are offered by various states and central government. CIPET will help facilitate this scholarship opportunity according to the norms laid out by the agencies.
The course fee for the various courses are as below:
DPT - INR 13,750
DPMT - INR 13,750
PD-PMD with CAD/CAM - INR 16,500
PGD-PPT - INR 16,500
M.Tech - INR 22,000
These fees exclude the Admission Fee, Caution Money Deposit, Gymkhana Fee, Library Fee, Examination Fee Per Paper/Practical, and other such miscellaneous fees.
The fee structure differs for overseas applicants.
CIPET Centers are present in the following 17 cities:
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Guwahati, Assam
- Hajipur, Bihar
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Sonepat, Haryana
- Kochi, Kerala
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Imphal, Manipur
- Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Balasore, Odisha
- Amritsar, Punjab
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Haldia, West Bengal
There are two centres in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
CIPET Head Office,
T.V.K. Industrial Estate,
Guindy, Chennai - 600 032
Telephone: 044 - 2225 - 4787
Fax: 044 - 2225 - 4780