|Application Forms Now Available|
Electrical engineering is a field which covers everything related to electrical devices, systems and the use of electricity. Modern electrical engineering also covers the use of electricity and electromagnetism for the generation, transmission, processing, storage, conversion and control of information and energy. Another important part of the field is the human interface and the role of individuals as the sources and recipients of data and information. Electrical engineers work on computers, power plants and other electrical devices. They design dashboard computers that monitor engine functions on automobiles. They design toasters, fans and regulators. They design temperature-sensing air conditioners which will adjust the temperature to keep the room cool enough while saving on consumption. They contribute to our everyday lives in so many different ways, whether it is a hair dryer or a power generation system. As newer materials, devices, circuits, systems and networks are being developed, this affects advanced communication and information-handling systems. Electrical engineers are the brains and the hard work behind transistors, integrated circuits, radios, computers, projectors, fiber optics, televisions, microwaves, lasers, satellite transmission systems, medical electronics and global positioning systems.
Topics covered in Electrical Engineering
The Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Electrical Engineering is usually a four-year course that is split into eight semesters. Some colleges combine the first two semesters.
- The first semester consists of subjects like English, mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering graphics and basic engineering.
- The second semester might cover courses like mathematics, material science, biology for engineers, principles of environmental science, basic engineering, engineering mechanics and engineering graphics.
- The third semester usually has subjects such as mathematics, fluid mechanics and machinery, electrical machines, electrical circuit analysis, electromagnetic theory, and electronic devices.
- The fourth semester includes subjects like numerical methods, electrical machines, control systems, transmission and distribution systems, computer skills and electronic circuits.
- In the fifth semester, students may have subjects like engineering economics and management, electrical and electronic measurements and instrumentation, digital signal processing, linear integrated circuits, digital systems and design of electrical apparatus.
- The sixth semester could cover subjects such as power electronics, microprocessor and micro-controllers, switch gear and protection and power system analysis.
- The seventh semester might include subjects such as solid state drives and control, power system operation and control and electives, which may vary.
- The eighth semester could have subjects such as digital control systems, embedded systems, power plan instrumentation and control and optical communication.
Colleges offering Electrical Engineering Courses
Some colleges that offer a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) or B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering in India are given below.
|1||Dr. DY Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology - Pune|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology - Kharagpur|
|3||Jamia Millia Islamia - New Delhi|
|4||Manipal University - Manipal|
|5||National Institute of Technology - Calicut|
|6||National Institute of Technology - Tiruchirappalli|
|7||Rajasthan Technical University - Kota|
|9||St. Joseph's College of Engineering - Chennai|
Programs are subject to change, it is advisable to check directly with a school for current program availability.
|Application Forms Now Available|